Advanced Weapons Technologies Griptillian scales

I did a search on the forum and found a few posts with pics of AWT's products on a griptillian but no one really mentioned anything about if they like them or not. They are machined aluminum grips for various knives, I was looking at the complete package for a full size griptillian.

Anyone have any experience with the company and its products? If so how do you like them?

http://appliedweaponstech.com/products/benchmade-full-size-griptilian-grip-kit

Anyone know of other options for the scales on a griptillian? Only requirement is the scales must be able to withstand being in and around water.

Thanks everyone!
I have a set of olive drab AWT scales on my 551. With a black spacer the knife looks great. What's more, the blade needed sharpening and went to Benchmade with no comments and only praise from me on the quick return from the LifeSharp process. This is one of my favorite knives.

@Hackenslash
Thats a nice looking pattern! How does the honeycomb pattern feel in the hand? Are the scales easy to install?
The honeycomb feels awesome in my opinion. I have had them on a large and on a mini. I eventually sold the large for other reasons but the mini is one of my favorite knives - mostly because of the scales. They are very easy to install - just a few torxx screws. Just make sure you use the correct size so they don't strip.

I’m thinking of trying a set of the AMT scales on my G10 gray 20cv mini. I haven’t heard of anyone doing this. First, am I nuts and second, anyone done it? Thanks

I’m thinking of trying a set of the AMT scales on my G10 gray 20cv mini. I haven’t heard of anyone doing this. First, am I nuts and second, anyone done it? Thanks

Do it. They're great. Just don't overtorque the screws when you install them.

Back