Advertising on BladeForums.com info, and NEW links section

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
As you can see, we have started with banner ads on BladeForums.com, in order to help make this site self sufficient and to get you guys more free knives!
biggrin.gif

Rest assured, we will not bend our rules to favor advertisers, so if you have information about a product (positive or negative) please continue to post it here.

For more information about our banner ad policies, click <a href="http://www.bladeforums.com/banners.html">here</a>.

We have also opened our new <a href="http://www.bladeforums.com/links/index.html">links section</a> to better serve you, the knife enthusiast. You now have the ability to submit links for inclusion to our site right from the web page itself. Each category also has the capability of being linked directly to a specific forum on our site, allowing you to talk about whatever information you need! You also can join a weekly "What's new?" mailing list, which includes new links and other pertinent information about this site.

As always, please feel free to share your questions or comments about BladeForums.com policies, services, and features in our Suggestion Box Forum.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

[This message has been edited by Spark (edited 02 December 1998).]

In the "What's new" section....is there a reason that ABC Direct is listed over 30 times?

Opppss!

It appears that when ABC-Direct submitted their info the program goofed. It allows a dealer to submit their URL to each catagory their site should be listed in. This makes it appear 30 times in the What's New section when they submit their site to each catagory they belong in. This will happen each time a dealer submits their URL to the links page. We will try to see what can be done about it.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Lead - Follow or get out of the way!
www.wowinc.com

I don't have a problem with the banners themselves, but I find it annoying to have cookies everytime I load a page, even when the banner is one that I've already accepted a cookie for.

If you change your security setting your problem should go away with the cookie issue. I have mine set medium so I get the protection without all the annoying messages.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Regarding the what's new dilemma, I'm not too sure what we can do about that, I'll try to see if I can edit the mailing/message so that it's just displayed once.

As far as the cookies go, you have to accept cookies if you want to use the "New Messages" features of the forums anyhow... but we'll try another method if we have to.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Mike and Spark-
The bnners and links look outstanding. Congrats to both of you.
Rich Lucibella

The Banners look great, it was nice to see the new changes, keeps things interesting! Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks guys, I'm always glad to hear "you done good!" when I do finally do something right
biggrin.gif

So when are you guys signing up?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

He needed a job to feed all the damn animals he has! 6 Ferets and 2 dogs so far!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

I hate to be the only wet blanket - and if I am, ignore me - but I think it would be MUCH less aesthetically shocking to have the banner ads UNDER the "Bladeforums.com" header. An issue of personal taste, I know, but it seems like the header looks so good leading into the page, and it loses a lot of punch and class IMHO by being preceded by glaring color imagery. It's so jarring that I had to say something . . . not meant in a mean spirit.

The only problem is the software can only put banners in one place. I agree it would look better under the heading.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Back