Advice for an EDC for beginner?

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think i have narrowed it to two choices. I know most people will probably find these odd choices but I find them interesting. I am thinking of maybe the AlMar SLB or the CRKT Wasp Small. Any thoughts on these two? EDIT!!! Scratch what I just said. now i think it is between the pro tech runt or stinger.

I carry a SLB clipped to the outside pocket of my briefcase/satchel bag every day in the office. It's a great knife for that purpose - clipped someplace close by where you can easily access in a pinch. It's kind of a funny shape for pocket carry though . . so I'm not sure it's what I would normally call an EDC. It doesn't ride low enough in the pocket when using the clip and is a little too small and round to carry without the clip. (I love mine though)

I've been looking at the Spyderco mini Persian lately. That might fit the bill. VG-10, 3 inch blade, micarta scales with nice looking bolsters. It looks pretty substantial without being so bulky it would clutter up your pocket.

http://www.savsonswordsandknives.com/spmipe.html

At the top of your range is also the Benchmade 940 Osborne series. Aluminum handle, nice blade size and 154CM steel. Its a very handy, slim, elegant design.

puukkoman said:
He hates plastic handles, so I think the Grip is out (unfortunately).......

That's really unfortunate because too many people turn down Griptilians because of that.

There's nothing wrong with them and they are one of the toughest knives out there. Practically indestrcutable.

Back