1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

AEB-L and Maple Hunter

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by i4Marc, Dec 3, 2019.

1. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    I haven't posted too many things this year because I spent a lot of time racing. But I'm getting back to turning out projects. Just finished this little hunter in AEB-L for a return customer. Comments welcomed.

Blade Steel: AEB-L, finished to 800X
    Blade Length: 3.5" edge
    Handle: Stabilized Burl Maple with stainless pins and red liners
    OAL: 8"
    Sheath: Hand stitched leather

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Nice knife! My experience with AEB-L has all been 100% positive. I love that steel, although I only have it in my leather knives right now. Speaking of leather that sheath is a terrific design for that knife and the execution is perfect

Paul

Dawkind likes this.
  3. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you very much Paul. I respect your work tremendously and I appreciate your kind remarks.

Dawkind likes this.
  4. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    "ooooh!" (quoting my out-loud self)

Dawkind likes this.
  5. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    love every angle of it. great work.

Dawkind likes this.
  6. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    great execution. i like how the mark follows the curve of the handle material.

Dawkind likes this.
  7. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That’s a looker....fine job! :cool:

8. Musashi96

Musashi96

Sep 25, 2019
    What a beauty

9. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Perfect size al around hunting knife, the craftsmanship on knife and sheath are top notch.

10. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks guys!