• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-L Hunters in burl!

Eric J.S.

Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi guys! I have up for sale a couple of my hunters that I just finished up today. I have been grinding these pretty thin while still leaving enough meat to be durable, these things can really slice well! They both come with handmade sheaths I made and feature quality materials and craftsmanship! If you would like to see a video of each knife you can visit my facebook page Brush Creek Knives. Thanks!
SOLD* $185 Shipped
Hunter
3/32 AEB L @62 Rd w/ cryo by Peters
4 1/4 blade convex ground thin
Flame Ceder Root handle w/ black G10 liners. I am experimenting with CA glue finishes on my knives, and it gives the knife a glassy always wet look, and provides a very hard finish. There is a spot or two where the glue wore away, but it is still a very pretty finish!
Mirror polished mosaic pins and copper tube
Hand made leather sheath, Ritza thread, weatherproofed inside and out!
You have 7 days upon receiving the knife to return it for a full refund! Price includes shipping and tracking
Ceder burl hunter.jpg Ceder burl hunter 2.jpg Ceder burl hunter belly.jpg Ceder burl hunter sheath.jpg

Next up
SOLD* $185 Shipped
Hunter
3/32 AEB L @62 Rc w/ cryo by Peters
4 1/4 blade convex ground thin
Cottonwood Burl w/ black G10 liners. I am experimenting with CA glue finishes on my knives, and it gives the knife a glassy always wet look, and provides a very hard finish. There is a spot or two where the glue wore away, but it is still a very pretty finish!
Mirror polished copper pins and tube
Hand made leather sheath, Ritza thread, weatherproofed inside and out!
You have 7 days upon receiving the knife to return it for a full refund! Price includes shipping and tracking.
Cotton wood burl hunter.jpg Cotton wood burl hunter left.jpg Cotton wood burl hunter belly.jpg Cotton wood burl hunter sheath.jpg

Last edited:
Both are nice but I don’t see a maker’s mark?...

Cheers/bg
Unfortunately im still raising money for a etcher, I have a stencil from TusIndustries but like I said still saving up, any knife you buy however you can send in and get marked for free, I'll resharpen and give it a light buff :) just one of the pains of starting out

These are both absolutely stunning. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff! Awesome to see more and more blades coming in at 3/32. AEB-L is some kickass stuff.

Well thank you very much! 3/32 is definantly a fun thickness, very slicey! I have a few other knives coming up pretty soon :)

Hey Eric, beautiful blades and great photography! I saw that you were having some trouble affording an etcher for your makers mark. We were in a similar situation not to long ago and were not able to until recently afford better equipment. When it comes to etching however nothing to complex and expensive is really necessary. Any linear power supply from say an old phone charger wall adapter or the like can be used to etch with a saline solution as the etchant. Walter Sorrells has a great tutorial on making your own etching probe and once that is made all you would need to do is simply connect these wires to a power source. Ive included two very good resources below to guide you on making the probe and wiring the power supply. Apparently even a 9V battery can be used as a power source and considering you have the stencil I would definitely give it a try on a sanded piece of steel. Even if you didn't like the results on a finished blade the etch is usually very shallow and can be hand sanded out and redone again.

http://dcknives.blogspot.com/p/poor-mans-etching-power-supply.html

I hope this helps you and good luck growing your knife making business!

Your knives look fantastic, but the photography of your work is exquisite!

Thank you very much! I do the best I can with my phone, but I do have a beautiful creek for scenery :D

Hey Eric, beautiful blades and great photography! I saw that you were having some trouble affording an etcher for your makers mark. We were in a similar situation not to long ago and were not able to until recently afford better equipment. When it comes to etching however nothing to complex and expensive is really necessary. Any linear power supply from say an old phone charger wall adapter or the like can be used to etch with a saline solution as the etchant. Walter Sorrells has a great tutorial on making your own etching probe and once that is made all you would need to do is simply connect these wires to a power source. Ive included two very good resources below to guide you on making the probe and wiring the power supply. Apparently even a 9V battery can be used as a power source and considering you have the stencil I would definitely give it a try on a sanded piece of steel. Even if you didn't like the results on a finished blade the etch is usually very shallow and can be hand sanded out and redone again.

http://dcknives.blogspot.com/p/poor-mans-etching-power-supply.html

I hope this helps you and good luck growing your knife making business!

Thanks for the info! I've heard a few folks recommend just using a car battery charger but I was worried about ruining blades by trying to go a cheaper route. The video is super helpful though and Im defiantly going to give this some research! Thanks again to everyone for all the great advice and tips, its really helpful :)

Nice knives, nice price, and aeb l at higher RC is a wonderful thing.
Well done,

Russ

Both knives are sold! Thanks so much guys for all the support and information, I will have quite a few more of these coming back from Peter's in about a week or two, for anyone who missed out. I will also get on top of the makers mark! :)

Back