• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin’s 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 2) (Further Reductions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFAustin

Gold Member
This is Part 2 of my 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-1-reduced.1591177/

Please note that I’ve also reduced prices on the remaining knives in Part 1, so please take a look at those!

7/1/18 Update: Part 3 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-3.1594265/

7/8/18 Update: Part 4 of this sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-4.1595849/

7/15/18 Update: Part 5 of this sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...to-the-dogs-sale-part-5-with-bonuses.1597403/

I have relisted the remaining knives from Part 2 (this thread) in the Part 5 thread, so I'll be closing this Part 2 thread.

7/22/18 Update: Part 6 of this sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...e-part-6—final-roundup.1599014/#post-18261912

7/28/18 Final Update: It's a wrap! Please see Part 7 (Donations Made!) here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7-donations-made.1600339/#post-18276454

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 2.

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal or m.o. only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so go ahead and list it as a sale of goods, not a gift. (If you want insurance, let me know and I will figure your cost. Otherwise, I will not be responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.)

Please understand that I have the right to sell or not sell to whomever I choose.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. For PayPal info. or questions, please e-mail me at: aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com

Once we have a deal, please post "I’ll take it" in this sales thread (if you haven’t already). The new BF software requires that in order for us to exchange feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:
1) I fill out the Customs forms accurately, and so I will list this as a sale/commercial transaction, not as a gift.

2) You assume responsibility for any mishaps with Customs or shipping.

3) We will agree on the manner and additional cost of shipping before finalizing the deal. Also, PayPal charges a higher fee on international sales, so I will approximate that and add it to your total.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the second batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

Kicking off Part 2 of this sale are two more contributions from my friend, Phil (BF screen name: Phaint). As I mentioned in Part 1, Phil and his wife are proud owners of two fine rescue dogs themselves, and Phil just keeps on giving to this effort. Phil, as I said before, you are a great dog man and a great knife man, and I thank you!

1) GEC #381117 38 Special in Red Linen Micarta. GEC does a particularly nice job with their red micarta, IMO—very attractive. Phil tells me this one has been sharpened and lightly used. Very comfortable moderate pull. No half stops.

Includes tube & wax paper & button. $63.00 SOLD

p8w8uiul.jpg

UoWTTOEl.jpg

VmpkG8Sl.jpg

ASKvnr4l.jpg

2) Case #6137 Sod Buster Jr. in Green Apple Jigged Bone. 3 5/8" closed. Stainless blade. Appears unused with factory edge. Well done grinds and moderate pull. One of the nicest Case soddies I’ve seen.

Includes box & paperwork. $43.00 SOLD

pLm8k8el.jpg

UHFvMpBl.jpg

bjg4bJNl.jpg

5hyt5ghl.jpg

3) GEC #73 in Goldenrod Micarta. Stainless (440 C) blades. 2007 per tang. #172 on bolster. The micarta covers are smooth, subtle, and beautiful, IMO (my poor pics don’t do them justice). Light scratches on bolsters and blades. I never liked the spey shape and so modified it into a "sheepsfoot spear", which I like much better. Pulls are moderate and snappy. Both blades sharpened to nice edges.

No tube. $105.00 $95.00 SOLD

2u6Ogjcl.jpg

xt0UOt6l.jpg

gxVgLiQl.jpg

4) Case #6220 Peanut in Turquoise Jigged Bone. Stainless blades, with minor blade rubs. Like new, unused and unsharpened. Pretty covers, and thicker than you typically see on a Peanut.

No box. $38.00 SOLD

sAGXhA0l.jpg

9ooadvTl.jpg

J3ch2JZl.jpg

G8WZqGel.jpg

5) Case #62109 Mini Copperhead in Red Jigged Bone. Like new and unused. This one had bad grinds from the factory, so I sent it in to Case and it now has very nice grinds, although the pen is slimmer.

No box. $38.00 SOLD

iymYrddl.jpg

v7u79ZVl.jpg

fQgMrx0l.jpg

Last edited:
6) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. Bone is darker on the pile side. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used.

Includes box (but may have incorrect # on it). $40.00 $36.00 $33.00 SOLD in Part 5

lQg9o6wl.jpg

lHMYCyGl.jpg

4JhGaEDl.jpg

7) Case #62009 ½ Barlow in Black Jigged Bone. Stainless Blades. This knife came to me some years ago with lots of blade scratching, so I applied a quick satin finish to minimize it. It helped, but you can do better if it matters to you. The bolsters also have some small scratches. I used a flashlight on the close-ups, which exaggerates things a bit.

Case barlows have nice thin master clip blades---this one has been sharpened and is an excellent slicer.

No box. $35.00 SOLD

HCdqJrAl.jpg

Nm5B1qel.jpg

VPwAPw6l.jpg

PGzWaY4l.jpg

mLqiaFbl.jpg

BsakBdYl.jpg

wBs7G1il.jpg

8) Boker Barlow in Washboard Red Bone. Solingen Germany. Carbon steel blades. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly carried. Patina on main.

Two things set this barlow apart: the beautiful deep red washboard bone and the compact size—it’s a little smaller and lighter (2.4 oz.) than a typical barlow.

Includes original box & paperwork. $45.00 SOLD

0IPWupxl.jpg

ZMtTOKul.jpg

24JbeiKl.jpg

9) Victorinox Spartan. Like new and unused with typical Vic excellent factory grinds and edge (and rub marks) on blade. (There is also a small awl on the side with the corkscrew but I neglected to open it for the pics.)

Includes original box and paperwork. $15.00 $13.00 $11.00 SOLD in Part 5

UODZpo1l.jpg

pkn7oTul.jpg

4R6nqcMl.jpg

10) Ka-bar lockback #2795. 3 5/8"closed. Very light at 1.2 oz. Black Zytel covers. On tang is "Stainless Hong Kong". Lightly used and in excellent condition. Cole National, Cleveland, Ohio, vintage.

There are some faint horizontal rub marks on the blade as though someone were lightly satinizing it. Locks up solid with no wobble or play. Grip is very comfortable due to the ramp for the forefinger right behind the choil. Long pull and half-stop. Sharpened to a nice edge.

Includes original box and paperwork. WITHDRAWN

jS9KtGdl.jpg

mAx4ZD2l.jpg

yGycVs7l.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take 1) GEC #381117 38 Special in Red Linen Micarta.

I'll also take 6) Victorinox Sentry in red cellidor from Thread #1.

PM sent

I'll take 1) GEC #381117 38 Special in Red Linen Micarta.

I'll also take 6) Victorinox Sentry in red cellidor from Thread #1.

PM sent

1) GEC #381117 38 Special in Red Linen Micarta is SPF.

I'll also mark the Vic Sentry SPF in the Part 1 thread.

Thanks,

Andrew

1) GEC #381117 38 Special in Red Linen Micarta is now SOLD.

The Vic Sentry in Part 1 is also now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Brian. I'll get these two in the mail to you tomorrow AM with a tracking no.

Andrew

4) Case #6220 Peanut in Turquoise Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

5) Case #62109 Mini Copperhead in Red Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

7) Case #62009 ½ Barlow in Black Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Barbara. I'll get these in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

8) Boker Barlow in Washboard Red Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Jennifer. I'll get this one in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

Little late to round 2. I’ll take the green sodbuster if available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back