• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin’s 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 7) (Donations Made!)

AFAustin

Gold Member
Friends,

My 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" benefit sale is now over. We started way back on June 17th with Part 1 here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-1-even-more-reductions.1591177/ And kept on going through Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and now 7 (whew!) to wrap it all up. And this is the fun and rewarding part—posting the donation report!

The result is a new record for this sale (drum roll, please): 32 knives sold and $1626.00 in gross fees! (I don’t take out for the PayPal fees or shipping costs, so the pups get it all.)

There are a lot of people to thank this year, starting with 3 gentlemen who contributed some beautiful knives to sell, and also supported me every step of the way. Phil (Phaint on BF) followed up his generous contributions to last year’s sale with some equally terrific ones for this year's. Ron (rdave on BF) not only sent a bunch of very nice knives to sell, but added some cool bonus items as well. (He did even more than that, but I’ll stop before I embarrass him.) And finally, a wonderful gentleman and BF member from North Carolina sent me a great assortment of knives to sell, but has asked to remain anonymous, so we’ll leave it at that. All three of these fine gentlemen are not only great knife men, but also great dog men and proud owners of some beautiful rescue pups. I’m proud to call them my friends.

I also want to thank all the buyers—wouldn’t have been much of a sale without them! Several were repeat or multiple buyers and made an oversized contribution to our grand total. Many other buyers went above and beyond the call of duty in various ways, and I am thankful for each of them.

I mentioned in the intro to Part 1 that I was going to try hard, as I have for the last several years, to find donation recipients which have matching fund programs going. It’s a great feeling to see a donation be matched and have double the impact. It turns out that the two excellent dog welfare organizations which I mentioned in Part 1 both came through with matches! So that clinched it for me—I split the proceeds this year between the Austin Humane Society and Soi Dog. You can read more about them and their incredible work for the pups here: http://www.austinhumanesociety.org/ and here: https://www.soidog.org/

I divided evenly the gross proceeds of $1626.00 and have made donations of $813.00 to each. With the matches, each donation will be doubled, resulting in $1626.00 to each organization, and a grand total of $3252.00 for the pups! I’ve copied below the nice acknowledgment letters I received from the recipients.

Thanks to the mods, Spark, and Bladeforums for providing a great venue and allowing this sale to happen. And thanks again to the great contributors and buyers for making the result possible. Tonight, my wife and I will enjoy a toast to the pups. And I hope everyone who made this possible will do the same!

Andrew

upload_2018-7-28_11-56-46.png

upload_2018-7-28_11-57-13.png

Last edited:
Your hard work helps these poor little guys with a very thoughtful gift - nice job Andrew

I've enjoyed the knives I purchased from you twice as much, knowing the proceeds go toward a great cause. We all appreciate your efforts! Thank You!

Nice going Andrew! This is a real labor of love. I wish everyone here had a chance to talk with you, and know how passionate you are to dogs and their well-being.

Back