• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin's 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 5) (with Bonuses) (More Reductions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFAustin

Gold Member
This is Part 5 of my 6th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-dogs-sale-part-1-further-reductions.1591177/
(I’ve now closed Part 1 and relisted the remaining knives here in Part 5.)

Part 2 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-2-reductions.1592685/#post-18191575
(I’ve now closed Part 2 and relisted the remaining knives here in Part 5.)

Part 3 is here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-3.1594265/
(Part 3 is still open with reduced prices.)

Part 4 is here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-4-reduced.1595849/
(Part 4 is still open with reduced prices.)

7/22/18 Update: Part 6 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-6—final-roundup.1599014/#post-18261912

7/23/18 Update
: The remaining knives are WITHDRAWN.

Time to wrap this up. I'm totaling up the sales and communicating with the organizations about the donations (and possible matches). Thanks to all who have helped and stay tuned for the final tally and donation report!

7/28/18 Final Update: It's a wrap! Please see Part 7 (Donations Made!) here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-6th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7-donations-made.1600339/#post-18276454

Everything’s the same as stated in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up some new knives here in Part 5, along with relisting the remaining knives from Parts 1 & 2. And now there are Bonuses! (scroll to the end)

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal or m.o. only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so go ahead and list it as a sale of goods, not a gift. (If you want insurance, let me know and I will figure your cost. Otherwise, I will not be responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.)
Please understand that I have the right to sell or not sell to whomever I choose.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. For PayPal info. or questions, please e-mail me at: aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com

Once we have a deal, please post "I’ll take it" in this sales thread (if you haven’t already). The new BF software requires that in order for us to exchange feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

1) I fill out the Customs forms accurately, and so I will list this as a sale/commercial transaction, not as a gift.

2) You assume responsibility for any mishaps with Customs or shipping.

3) We will agree on the manner and additional cost of shipping before finalizing the deal. Also, PayPal charges a higher fee on international sales, so I will approximate that and add it to your total.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the fifth batch of knives! And scroll to the end to see the Bonus items!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Case #6220 Peanut in Chestnut Jigged Bone. CV (carbon) blades. Beautiful deep chestnut covers. I’m not a fan of the exaggerated hump on the Peanut’s main, so I smoothed it out a bit—much sleeker now. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used. Beginnings of a patina on the main.

Includes box. $36.00 SOLD

IBvLVaql.jpg

aNbAEKPl.jpg

yfMVflPl.jpg

2) Case #62032 Texas Jack in Amber Jigged Bone. CV (carbon) blades. Sharpened to nice edges, with patina on main. Lightly used. A Case classic.

Includes box. WITHDRAWN

K4vzSYzl.jpg

r7YU0Adl.jpg

nsOvT9bl.jpg

3) Case #22087 Texas (Medium) Jack with black synthetic covers. It has always confused the heck out of me that the #62032 and this knife have both been called the "Texas Jack". I have also heard this one called simply a "Medium Jack" and I prefer that, but you’ll definitely hear both.

Stainless blades. Lightly used. This is a special knife because master sharpener Josh of Razor Edge Knives personally sharpened it as a demo to show how a Wicked Edge could put a 12 degree per side edge on a small pocket knife. Here’s the thread that talks about it (unfortunately, the video Josh put up of him working on it seems to be gone): https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wicked-edge-for-small-blades-gen-i-or-ii-or-iii.1271012/ Cuts like a demon.

Includes box. $45.00 SOLD

Fb4YlpAl.jpg

yztN2qWl.jpg

FexOYDgl.jpg

y2wmtCtl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The remaining knives in this Part 5 of my sale are relisted from Parts 1 & 2.

The first 2 knives (Case & Schrade Trappers) are special in that they were donated by a great guy and BF friend of mine in North Carolina. He is another long time knife man and friend of the pups, and recently adopted a handsome new rescue. He’s asked to remain anonymous, but he has my sincere thanks for his wonderful gesture. I had mentioned in Part 1 that my friend enjoys a smoke and you might get a whiff of it on these knives. I just checked these two again and can say that, after the last few weeks in the open air, I really can’t smell anything. Maybe if you have a super sensitive nose you might, but it would be minimal.

4) Case Trapper in yellow delrin. Stainless blades. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Unused and uncarried with factory edges. A classic.

Includes box (Case box but not correct one for this knife) & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

Mdwv7vJl.jpg

0F8w9qGl.jpg

eT9Z2Syl.jpg

izgUbPPl.jpg

5) Schrade Uncle Henry Trapper (U.S.A.) #285UH in Stagalon (jigged synthetic). Schrade+ stainless blades. 3 7/8" closed. Sharpened and lightly used with a little scratching on the tip of the spey and pepper spots on the inside of the springs. My friend remembers he bought this knife in 1997.

No box. WITHDRAWN

bJZdw7sl.jpg

EjG7Vhcl.jpg

QDPIqnrl.jpg

Xjc64RWl.jpg

Last edited:
6) GEC #81 Bull Moose in Osage Orange. Knife has been lightly used, has the start of a patina, and has been stropped. Medium pulls & no half stops. Bolsters have a satin finish. Comes with button and a nice leather pocket slip.

Includes tube & wax paper. $90.00 $85.00 $79.00 $73.00 SOLD

OpPv3ORl.jpg

okJs2Kyl.jpg

J4ia38tl.jpg

G9qTm14l.jpg

7) Case Mini Trapper in Chestnut Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. Covers are a reddish chestnut jigged bone—very attractive to my eye. This knife has been used and has been sharpened to nice edges. Easy pulls.

No box. $35.00 $33.00 $31.00 $28.00 SOLD

3yI4XNml.jpg

dgUi62fl.jpg

JAjTOZLl.jpg

8) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. Bone is darker on the pile side. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used.

Includes box (but may have incorrect # on it). $40.00 $36.00 $33.00 SOLD

lQg9o6wl.jpg

lHMYCyGl.jpg

4JhGaEDl.jpg

9) Victorinox Spartan. Like new and unused with typical Vic excellent factory grinds and edge (and rub marks) on blade. (There is also a small awl on the side with the corkscrew but I neglected to open it for the pics.)

Includes original box and paperwork. $15.00 $13.00 $11.00 SOLD

UODZpo1l.jpg

pkn7oTul.jpg

4R6nqcMl.jpg

10) Ka-bar lockback #2795. 3 5/8"closed. Very light at 1.2 oz. Black Zytel covers. On tang is "Stainless Hong Kong". Lightly used and in excellent condition. Cole National, Cleveland, Ohio, vintage.

There are some faint horizontal rub marks on the blade as though someone were lightly satinizing it. Locks up solid with no wobble or play. Grip is very comfortable due to the ramp for the forefinger right behind the choil. Long pull and half-stop. Sharpened to a nice edge.

Includes original box and paperwork. WITHDRAWN

jS9KtGdl.jpg

mAx4ZD2l.jpg

SPodrQHl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonus Items

I’ve got a few fun Bonus Items to offer up, and all but the Case slips are courtesy of my friend Ron (rdave here on BF). As I mentioned earlier, Ron has been a great supporter of this sale and has contributed generously in many different ways. Thanks again, Ron!

For every $40 in knife purchases, pick one bonus item (so, pick two for $80 spent, etc.) (And keep in mind that there are still a few available knives in Part 3 & Part 4, referenced at the beginning of this thread.) When you post your "I’ll take it", indicate which Bonus Item you want. When they’re gone, they’re gone.

Bonus #1: FoxHanx handkerchief (green).
FoxHanx are not your common everyday handkerchief—they are something special. To learn more about these handmade beauties (and what they sell for!), Google "FoxHanx". Let me add that in the pic it looks blue, but in person it's more green to my eye, or maybe blue-green---but it's beautiful in any event! GONE

Bonus #2: FoxHanx handkerchief (gold). Please see above. GONE

Bonus #3: Toy Multi-Tool. Perfect for a knife guy or gal’s child or grandchild! WITHDRAWN

Bonus #4: KnivesShipFree leather pocket slip. This is similar in length to the Case slips below, but will accomodate a slightly bigger knife as it’s wider. GONE

Bonus #5: 2-pack of Case leather pocket slips. These are the Medium size but are fairly narrow. This bonus includes two of them. GONE

Bonus #6: 2-pack of Case leather pocket slips. These are the Medium size but are fairly narrow. This bonus includes two of them. GONE

QvErXO8l.jpg

esACbY4l.jpg

zOZU4Pfl.jpg

Yrmoklcl.jpg

Last edited:
I would like #3 Case #22087 Texas (Medium) Jack with black synthetic covers and 8) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone please
Email requesting PP info sent

Last edited:
I would like #3 Case #22087 Texas (Medium) Jack with black synthetic covers and 8) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone please

Great! Please also post which Bonus Item you'd like. And please email me at aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com for PP info.

3) Case #22087 Texas (Medium) Jack with black synthetic covers is SPF.

8) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SPF.

Andrew

Bonus #6: 2-pack of Case leather pocket slips please

I would like #6 please, 81 Moose.

(Id like the green Fox Hank, too, please.)

Funds sent. Thanks. Matt

Last edited:
I'm a dog guy and will do whatever I can to help. I'll take #1 and #7 please (on the road give me a few to email you).
Bonus #5 please.

Last edited:
I would like #6 please, 81 Moose.

6) GEC #81 Bull Moose in Osage Orange is SPF.

Please also post which Bonus Item you'd like. And please email me at aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com for PP info.

Thanks

email sent - awaiting info

I haven't received the email yet. It could be hung up in the server, which sometimes happens. Also, sometimes folks leave out one of the "dots" in my address.

Just found the email in my spam folder. Reply on the way. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm a dog guy and will do whatever I can to help. I'll take #1 and #7 please (on the road give me a few to email you).
Bonus #5 please.

1) Case #6220 Peanut in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SPF.

7) Case Mini Trapper in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SPF.

Bonus #5: 2-pack of Case leather pocket slips is GONE.

Sure, email me in a few. Thanks.

Andrew

1) Case #6220 Peanut in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SPF.

7) Case Mini Trapper in Chestnut Jigged Bone is SPF.

Bonus #5: 2-pack of Case leather pocket slips is GONE.

Sure, email me in a few. Thanks.

Andrew

Email sent.

6) GEC #81 Bull Moose in Osage Orange is SPF.

Please also post which Bonus Item you'd like. And please email me at aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com for PP info.

Thanks

6) GEC #81 Bull Moose in Osage Orange is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Matt. I also noted your Bonus Item pick of Bonus #1: FoxHanx handkerchief (green).

I'll get the #81 + Bonus in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

3) Case #22087 Texas (Medium) Jack with black synthetic covers is now SOLD.

8) Case (Case Bros.) #62131 Canoe in Chestnut Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

Jeff, PP received. Thank you. I'll get these knives, along with Bonus #6 (2-pk. of Case slips), in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
1) Case #6220 Peanut in Chestnut Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

7) Case Mini Trapper in Chestnut Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Darren. I'll get these two knives, along with your Bonus #5 (2-pk. of Case slips), in the mail tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
I'll take 9) Victorinox Spartan please. Please PM with PP address (as I messed it up last time :rolleyes: )
[Edit: since this is for a good cause, I will pay the original price....]

I'll take 9) Victorinox Spartan please. Please PM with PP address (as I messed it up last time :rolleyes: )
[Edit: since this is for a good cause, I will pay the original price....]

Brian, very good of you. Thank you kindly! PM coming with PP info.

9) Victorinox Spartan is SPF.

9) Victorinox Spartan is now SOLD.

PP received. Thank you, Brian. I'll get this on its way to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back