• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin's 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 6) (Reduction!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFAustin

Gold Member
This is Part 6 of my 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:

Part 2 is here:

I listed some nice Bucks for sale here:

Some Nice Bucks (Benefitting the Pups) (Reductions!) ALL SOLD | BladeForums.com

Part 3 is here:

AFAustin's 9th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Part 3) (Reductions!) | BladeForums.com

I listed a couple of Spydercos here:

Spyderco Endura Saber & Chaparral LW (Benefitting the Pups) ALL SOLD | BladeForums.com

Part 4 is here:

Part 5 is here:

And I listed a few more nice Bucks here:

Please note that I’ve reduced prices on the remaining knives in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and the second Bucks thread, so please take a look at those!

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/29/21 Update: I listed 2 groups of flashlights in the Gadgets & Gear Sale subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ting-the-pups-all-sold.1802017/#post-20644498

8/1/21 Update: Part 7 of this sale is now open here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...o-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1802579/#post-20650980

8/7/21 Update: Part 8 of this sale is now open here:
8/25/21 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 9 has all the details here:

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ tracking. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. My PM/Conversations box tends to fill up quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get to the new batch of knives.

And please remember to email me (at address listed above) rather than PM-ing me. Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first 3 knives are from a good friend and long time supporter who lives in Pennsylvania and has asked to remain anonymous. His wife and he love the pups and own two beautiful rescue dogs. He has also kindly provided most of the the description details below. Many thanks, buddy!

1) GEC Northfield #488117 Single Blade Trapper in Blueberry Jigged Bone. 3 7/8” closed. 1095 carbon steel. New & unused with factory edge and nice even bevels.

My generous donor tells me that this knife, along with a few others, was accidentally dyed blue instead of green (almost more of a “bluegrass” blue/green to my eye). There were only 20 of these “Blueberries” made, per GEC’s 2017 Production Totals: 2017-Production-Totals.pdf (greateasterncutlery.net)

A lovely, and scarce, knife.

Includes tube & waxed paper. $175.00 SOLD

2dgpL0il.jpg

iAo8ISbl.jpg

nwpSSvwl.jpg

2) Schatt & Morgan Keystone Single Blade Barlow in Carved Green Bone.
3 1/2” closed. ATS-34 stainless blade. From the S&M Keystone Series XI (2001). “1 of 600” on mark side of blade; “2001 041 269” on pile side of the blade. Appears new & unused. A beautiful knife.

No box. $120.00 SOLD

tnP3igOl.jpg

gfnvK2pl.jpg

4AwBhPIl.jpg

3) Utica Barlow in Brown Sawcut Bone. 3 3/8” closed. My good donor says he’s pretty sure the blade steel is carbon (and that is corroborated by some specks on the master blade). He believes it may be 1980s vintage. Small rub marks on the pen blade and faint scratches on the clip blade and bone. A nice looking knife and overall in very good shape.

No box. $45.00 SOLD

DR7oGrSl.jpg

j9NCViYl.jpg

0tekPo9l.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4) Case Sodbuster Jr. #6137 SS in Rough Black Synthetic. 3 5/8” closed. Stainless blade. Sharpened to a nice edge and used very little. Some light blade scratches. An excellent slicer.

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

qJ9HTi9l.jpg

Cu52PG9l.jpg

pKWZmgwl.jpg

5) Browning #305 Lockback in Cocobolo. 3 1/8” closed. Stainless blade. Pretty cocobolo covers. Locks up solid. Sharpened to a nice edge, with a needle point, and used almost none. Vintage Japan made gentleman’s knife.

No box. $33.00 SOLD

Bw9nYTdl.jpg

UMjY7Nql.jpg

duxvLX8l.jpg

6) Parker Cut. Co. Bob Cat Lockback in Smooth Natural Bone. 3” closed. Stainless blade. Brass bolsters & liners. Pretty bone covers. If you press hard on a stack of paper there is a slight, and I mean slight, movement in the blade. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. Nice vintage Japan made gentleman’s knife.

No box. $20.00 SOLD

bNF3br9l.jpg

NiUBR6Vl.jpg

p7JioUcl.jpg

7) A.G. Russell Simple 3” Lockback (black). 3’ closed. 8Cr13MoV stainless blade. FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon) handle. Made in China for A.G.R. Sharpened to a nice edge and used almost none. Solid lockup. I’m always amazed at how much blade A.G. could fit into a compact knife and this is a prime example. Very sharp & pointy and has much more cutting power than its size would suggest.

No box. $20.00 SOLD (If you check this out in the AGR catalog, keep in mind that they charge $8.95 shipping.)

dTz0MhLl.jpg

bmmgllZl.jpg

QQaifvBl.jpg

Last edited:
1) GEC Northfield #488117 Single Blade Trapper in Blueberry Jigged Bone is SPF to beezwax.

Please shoot me an email at my email address listed in the intro. and I'll reply with PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew

2) Schatt & Morgan Keystone Single Blade Barlow in Carved Green Bone is SPF to Snoopy1.

Please shoot me an email at my email address listed in the intro. and I'll reply with PayPal info.

Thanks,

Andrew

1) GEC Northfield #488117 Single Blade Trapper in Blueberry Jigged Bone is now SOLD to beezwax.

PP received. Thanks, Caleb.

I'll have this pretty Blueberry in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

I’ll take the browning if it’s centered and no blade play.

Sharp & Fiery, thanks for your interest but it looks like you're located in Canada and, as per the details in the intro., it's U.S.A. only on this sale. Sorry.

Andrew

Sharp & Fiery, I just saw your PM. As per my intro., please shoot me an email at the address listed there and we can discuss this via email.

In the meantime, I've put the Browning ON HOLD till we have a chance to talk.

Thanks,

Andrew

2) Schatt & Morgan Keystone Single Blade Barlow in Carved Green Bone is now SOLD to Snoopy1.

PP received. Thanks, Steve. I'll get this pretty knife on its way to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

3) Utica Barlow in Brown Sawcut Bone is SPF to Icarve2.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sharp & Fiery, I just saw your PM. As per my intro., please shoot me an email at the address listed there and we can discuss this via email.

In the meantime, I've put the Browning ON HOLD till we have a chance to talk.

Thanks,

Andrew
I would like the Browning, if it doesn't go to S&F.

Unlikely third on that Browning ;) you have me hooked on Brownings now and yes, I blame you lol
G2

Icarve2, I just noticed you appear to be located in New Zealand. As I said in my intro., it's U.S.A. only for this sale, but I see in your signature you mention a U.S. address for U.S. purchases.

So please email me (at email address in intro.) to discuss, and for PayPal info. if we work it out.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back