AFCK II Question

I have a Benchmade AFCK II "pre-production" model that I keep in its box and in my gun safe. I do this because it is - supposedly - one of only a thousand made. Am I "gaining" anything by not carrying and using this knife?

Well, IMHO, if it's NIB and it's already been so for the last few yera, i'd keep it tha way. Just grab a new AFCK, cause they've been discontinued just now

If its new in the box, leave it that way.

It will increase in value (especially when you consider that most are used).

Example: My pre-production 806D2 (serrated blade) came to me "used" for approximately half of what a then new production version would have cost (street price, pre-production cessation). Eveything on it appeared prestine - except that thepocket clip was worn a smige and someone had at one time set it up for left hand carry.

Plenty of used ones out there.

usually BM pre-pros and prototypes are worth at most only a small premium over the std models, and then only to a collector.

that said all AFCKs are going up in value since they were disco'd, they are still pretty popular, FWIW i have a LNIB AFCK11 prototype, i doubt many of them were made, some of the BM protos differ quite a bit from the production run (ie the 710) but this ones about like the std 804's. i would say its value is about $125 to $150 , std 804's about $100, i dont think a prepro would be as much as a proto though, pre pro a little over $100, say maybe $125 tops if LNIB and i dont think it would sell fast, would take a while, on BF anyway, maybe ebay would be better though..

so yes i would say leave it alone, get a std model for edc, just dont expect to sell it enough to retire on lol.

Thanks, folks. I'm not looking to sell it. In fact, I have a small collection of knives that will, in all likelihood, get passed on to the kids and / or don't-have-em-yet grandkids. I'll end up getting another one for "use", I guess.

Back