AFOII: Any Good?

CRK don't even compare. Every CRK I've had apart runs their washers on a sandblasted surface! No Swiss watch would do that. Let's talk about grip and retention. AFO EVERY TIME! Sorry, CRK = gent knife.

Just FYI, washers aren't meant to spin, so the handle side being rough shouldn't have any affect on anything.

Just FYI, washers aren't meant to spin, so the handle side being rough shouldn't have any affect on anything.
Just FYI they do turn.
Every CRK washer I've seen looks like a phonograph record on the handle side showing that the uneven surfaces of the golden areas don't have the same surface tension when oil or grease are applied as the polished golden areas of the blade. On the golden area of the blade the washer has 100% contact. On the rough golden areas of the handle maybe 50(?)% contact, why do that? Why not get as much surface contact as possible? It's only logical and from an engineering point of view and its the correct way.
If washers weren't ment to spin they can be pinned, tabbed or not used at all.
I really hope this answered your questions.

Thanks

Last edited:
I work on a boat (pushes barges) and i passed this knife on to one of my buddies who happens to be a tankerman. He has used the knife for his everyday duties and it has held up well. Greetings from the lake in Memphis. PhotoPictureResizer_190714_125720457-2268x3024.jpg paint on boat looks shoddy currently, we are in the middle of painting season

Thanks, yall.

Here is a photo of the knife. Is it an AFO or AFOII? How can you tell?

24789-AAD-0862-42-DE-B90-D-4470293-B0-B9-D.jpg

i believe that is a 9051 afoII. if i’ve got it right the original 9050 afo had a smaller lock button like in the picture in post #25 above.

Of the dozen or so Benchmades I have owned, it is one of my favorites. I did the satin plain blade (my preference). It's one I will never sell.

It's a beast of a knife.

Back