After Sale Lounge

Bad news for the iPhone / smartphone competitive Fridays ninja monkeys: the new site format does not seem to offer the quick down arrow for turbo boosting your scrolling which means that actual desk station and laptop gorillas like me will prevail and may do better now when Nathan's FS posts read like pages of War & Peace. Haha :poop:

Bad news for the iPhone / smartphone competitive Fridays ninja monkeys: the new site format does not seem to offer the quick down arrow for turbo boosting your scrolling which means that actual desk station and laptop gorillas like me will prevail and may do better now when Nathan's FS posts read like pages of War & Peace. Haha :poop:

Im seeing a ”jump to new” post button at the top of the page. Is that the same? or could you before hit a button to get you to the bottom of the page? Guess I never knew that

Im seeing a ”jump to new” post button at the top of the page. Is that the same? or could you before hit a button to get you to the bottom of the page? Guess I never knew that

That feature kinda works but it's really not the same speed as the Up Arrow when you are on the bottom of the page of this new format; the older format had both up and down arrows for the fastest scrolling. Depending on your device of choice, you may be able to use other hotkey methods for faster up/down scrolling of a website page.

Look at the end of the day, we are just having fun talking about some silliness. It's not the end of the world.

With the exception of Nathan's well-deserved nap at the wheel today, I was pleasantly surprised as to how much this new & improved site seem not to suffer the older version's hangups when it comes to refreshing pages and the time lag of the old format when posting sales threads (previously was running a lag of at least 10 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds when it came to Nathan's FS threads!) I wonder if Nathan timed the seconds it took for the sale thread to show up after he hit "Post thread".

I personally hope that we get a sharpened back edge option in addition to the dagger grind. I may be a sentimental ol’ fool but I luv that look and missed out on those with Nathan used to do them as a little nipper he was back in the day.

Sure!

There were some things that Bob would prefer stay under wraps for the time being, and I was too busy learning and forgot to ask what those things were... And then I got too involved in the work and forgot to take more pics, lol. So for now, I'll just have to post the stuff that I know is ok. I'll be making another trip or two over there to finish the knives with him, so I'll ask about the other pics and will try to take some more. :)

Bob had all kinds of interesting stuff lying around the shop as well as several absolutely beautiful knives.

Here's a piece of primitive iron.
ca5IWgl.jpg

And a Meteorite
S1P9swM.jpg

Some beautiful damascus knives that are in the works.
C2j4Jzv.jpg

57bOyJN.jpg

pcDbQIz.jpg

920gne7.jpg

Bc3G009.jpg
KuSMrz7.jpg

cp10nI6.jpg

Literal works of art just all over the place, lol.
jzSta6P.jpg

A "beater" shop knife, lol!
SQawGIp.jpg

And then the stuff I was working on with Bob today. Two seven inch chef knives out of MagnaCut steel. :D

This is after scribing, cutting with the bandsaw, and cleaning up with the belt sander. It was my first time using a metal cutting bandsaw and 2" x 72" belt sander. Heck it was my first time using a scribe, lol.
jY68PUh.jpg

File work for the bolster.
uMmncRq.jpg

Flush!
dwQd18S.jpg

And after Bob showed me how to work on the bevel. :)
0S8vroe.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately Mat, I don't think that is going to be an option😢

Don’t cry Tom-Tom, it makes me sad! If there’s a will, there is also a willing, right?

I passed by a small private farm house in Brookings OR the other day and I noticed that there were so many ponies there that if one ever went missing, none wood probably even notice. Now I don’t know if they still hang pony and horse thrives here out West but I can always show up with a caboodle of Franklins to try to make Nathan’s wishes come true. You fudgers will have to get your checkbooks ready because all will have to chip in toward the cause.

#imjustsaying #ponyfornathan

Don’t cry Tom-Tom, it makes me sad! If there’s a will, there is also a willing, right?

I passed by a small private farm house in Brookings OR the other day and I noticed that there were so many ponies there that if one ever went missing, none wood probably even notice. Now I don’t know if they still hang pony and horse thrives here out West but I can always show up with a caboodle of Franklins to try to make Nathan’s wishes come true. You fudgers will have to get your checkbooks ready because all will have to chip in toward the cause.

#imjustsaying #ponyfornathan
Boy Mat, your shameles.🤑

Unfortunately Mat, I don't think that is going to be an option😢
Yeah, only 24 hours in, with more than half the preorders still unspecified and we've already topped 20 (with a week to go).

Looks like my initial guesstimate of at least 50 preorders for the DEF is going to fall short. Curious to see just how short once all the preorders are confirmed.

Yeah, only 24 hours in, with more than half the preorders still unspecified and we've already topped 20 (with a week to go).

Looks like my initial guesstimate of at least 50 preorders for the DEF is going to fall short. Curious to see just how short once all the preorders are confirmed.

I ordered the full double edge dagger grind.

How many times did you guys edit your email for the UF2 preorder?

I think I’ve written out 10 different combinations for 2 knives so far lol.

A couple of times before I sent it to Jo - I pretty much knew what I wanted. I haven't edited it since I sent it to Jo.

Back