After Thanksgiving Sales for 11/28 -- Pix HI Katatan and Awesome Buys

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
36 1/4'' 51 ounce HI Everest Katana by Kumar. Chiruwa style satisal wood handle. Standard leather sheath. Excellent investment at $285. *SOLD*

cpJs7ce.jpg

S84ctp1.jpg

17.5 inch 29 ounce Giant Kumar Karda by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $120. *SOLD*

S84ctp1.jpg

16 1/4 inch 26 ounce Chiruwa Ang Khola by Ram Kumar. Beautiful sisau wood handle. $100 even.

S84ctp1.jpg

12 inch 9 ounce baby Chainpuri by Purna. Satisal wood handle. $68.

S84ctp1.jpg

10 3/4 inch 9 ounce Gentleman belt Knife by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $58.
NuJjcue.jpg

Twin Jumle Knife by Ram Kumar. Weight 11 oz.
Satsal wood handle. The handle is long enough for four gingers. $100 even.

Mc2pgQS.jpg

15 1/4 inch 14 ounce Sirupati by new Kami Raju. Horn handle. He join with rest of kamis month back and all I have heard is he is a good Knife maker. You be the judge at $65. *SOLD*

ke0doGr.jpg

Raju's trade mark

z2BcLQC.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served
I had to get some painful dental work done and I will answer your mail and order as soon as I can.
Thank you all

Last edited:
Ems
15 1/4 inch 14 ounce Sirupati by new Kami Raju. Horn handle. He join with rest of kamis month back and all I have heard is he is a good Knife maker. You be the judge at $65.

EMS for 36 1/4'' 51 ounce HI Everest Katana by Kumar.
Not sure if you sent a message George, but just in case you didn't I couldn't pass up on that offer!

Not sure if you sent a message George, but just in case you didn't I couldn't pass up on that offer!

Thank you! I swore that the next chiruwa full size katana that popped up I'd try to shark. I'm a couple weeks away from a Christmas bonus, so I don't have the extra money kicking around;) Well done! Kumar, imho, is the best swordsmith working for HI.

Thanks! I don't really have the money right now either, but I'm willing to make some trade-offs to free up funds for this blade!

One thing I'd forgotten about working in the private sector. Bonuses. I got some good ones back in the day.

Oh no, it appears that Raju is using Thamar's old mark? That means it will be difficult in the future to tell just which Kami made a blade with this mark. I guess it must also mean that Thamar isn't around any more?

No Thamar is gone. I thought I understood it said that he would still make knives occasionally for HI.
Very sad as he was one of my favorites and by far leaned towards traditional in handle shape and size.

Fine Kami Thamar. I feel very blessed to have several of his creations, not the least of which is my worlds bestest curved spine, not to be confused with Bookies 2nd bestest curved spine.

One thing I'd forgotten about working in the private sector. Bonuses. I got some good ones back in the day.

Mine are always tiny:D. Being a seasonal business, we really can't afford them. However, if you ask my dad his favorite Christmas movie, it will be the 1951 adaptation of A Christmas Carol (Scrooge, I believe it's called). Every year, no matter if its been a good or bad year, he scrapes together some money to host a little Christmas dinner for the employees. We have tried all manner of places of manner of "niceness". However, the last 4 or 5 years we have had it a pizza joint with a large arcade. It allows an informal setting, people can eat all they want at the buffet, and when the kids get bored they can go play games.

My old man's favorite part is walking around and handing out checks to the employees and pre-loaded game cards to the kids (modern arcades got smart. You buy a card with a certain amount of money on it. You swipe it at the machine like a credit card and it deducts your money. They are guaranteed to get all you load up). These checks aren't more than 100 dollars, but they can make a dent in the guys' Christmas bills. They really appreciate them. I think my dad likes to look at himself like an Old Fezziwig character from the movie. Work is over for the year, we are all healthy, we aren't rich but we can afford to buy a meal for the people that turn the wheels of our business. I think it's his favorite Christmas tradition, honestly.

I try to use whatever he insists on giving me to buy something from HI. Last year, I got a really nice short katana. I keep thinking it needs a big brother of the chiruwa variety....even though I already have a non-chiruwa made by Bura.

The pictures of the chainpure didn't post. I think the same katana pictures were accidentally posted again. I would like to see the chainpure being offered here.

I am very excited about the new Kami Raju! That's great. Ram Kumar has been doing great so new talent is always good! That CAK is SWEET. (So is the Katana but I try not to look because...yeah, it's awesome)

DD! Can't wait to get it in my hands! Plus I still need to figure out how to post pictures on this site, I promised to put up pics of the growing collection a while back but haven't gotten around to it.

Oh no, it appears that Raju is using Thamar's old mark? That means it will be difficult in the future to tell just which Kami made a blade with this mark. I guess it must also mean that Thamar isn't around any more?

I don’t know. If he keeps the stutter marks on the 3 and 6 o’clock positions it shouldn’t be too hard to differentiate them.

Oh no, it appears that Raju is using Thamar's old mark? That means it will be difficult in the future to tell just which Kami made a blade with this mark...
For the record, for easier reference in case this comes up in the future:

Comparison of marks
Thamar vs. Raju

Thamar's mark
QQKVQ3w.jpg

Another example of Thamar's mark:
IMG_2211_zpsf2e5b35c.jpg~original

photo by philllll

Raju's mark:
z2BcLQC.jpg

With Raju's mark, the first symbol of script looks almost like a 2 (or a capital Q in handwriting):
276px-Latin_script_capital_letter_Q.svg.png

With Thamar's mark, the first symbol of script looks almost like an upside-down female symbol (but missing the "point" at the end):
266px-Female_black_symbol.svg.png

That first letter (र) = "RA" next is "ज" which is "Ja" But the little moon diacritic thingy below I believe makes it a "U" therefore "JU" so that makes sense. I could be completely wrong tho:D
...and another Fylfot eh!

ठ=tha, म=ma ...dont know where the "r" went but close enuff?

Back