After years of trying in Ohio......Finally

They say it is the fish of 10,000 casts.
Or your first one is taken after 7 years of trying.
I got lucky Friday afternoon....and if you ever fished for Muskies, you know what I mean.
He was taken at Leesville Lake in Ohio.
40 inches long, no weight, I never took him out of the water (too hot, the stress and heat would have killed him)
Took a while to revive him, but he swam away under his own power.
Enjoy, I sure did!

IMAG1126.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG1130.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

Last edited:
NICE Bill! What did you use? We have a Muskie hot spot near us here in SE PA, but I've never tried for 'em myself. Great, great fish man.

NICE Bill! What did you use? We have a Muskie hot spot near us here in SE PA, but I've never tried for 'em myself. Great, great fish man.

I was in about 30 feet of water trolling a Sisson Woody Diver.
What is the name of the lake your referring to B?

Nice fish brother. I got lucky the first time my brother took me when i was home on leave from Iraq I caught 8 in one day. total we got 22 that day here in Indiana. it was amazing and unheard of lol. never been so lucky again at all.

congrats

nice catch, congrats! I've fished for muskies and have never caught one-heavy rods, heavy lures, lots of work-glad it paid off for you Bill!

Nice fish bill! I love those big muskies, they are the freshwater barracudas, great fighting fish! Congrats... I always caught mine at dusk, or late afternoon time also...

Bill, I kinda hate you. LOL I have been trying to catch a Musky for about 15 years now. Congrats and I will need exact GPS location of where you hooked that bad boy. :p

Bill, that is AWESOME!!!:D:thumbup::thumbup:

The first time I took my wife fishing in northern Wisconsin she caught a 29" muskie on a homemade spinnerbait that we rigged up. First time for her fishing from a boat too.;)

Awesome fish Bill, congrats.
We have Tiger Muskies here and they are my "List" of I have to catch.
Thanks for sharing

Back