Aftershock handles

I got an Aftershock off the boards because he didn't like the handle. I was out in the yard today trimming trees, the handle is very slick. once it started to rain it got dangerous.
My question is:
Do these handles ever get sticky, or do they get slicker with use?

Hi,
With the diamond quilted micarta, you really shouldn't need to worry about slick/slippery handles. They were designed to be grippy, and to be an improvement over the older semi-grooved slabs.

I could only suggest that you make sure that they are clean(I use RemOil or Nitro CLP and a toothbrush). This will assure that there is nothing on the micarta that may have caused the slickness you experienced(perhaps something, a residue, was present that reacted with the rain).

Who knows, maybe it just had something to do with it being it's first time out
wink.gif

That is I think the first post describing the new texture as slippery? 1whobuys, for comparison can you give an example of a grip that you find is comfortable and secure under similar conditions that you found the Bolo to be slippery?

-Cliff

The problem might be in the micarta grade that was used on the Limited Edition After Shock. It was chosen because of its cool looks but it is definitely more slippery than our standard grade. If you'd like to pound the tar out of your Bolo and desire a much more "grippy" grip then you can send it to the shop and we will install the standard combat grade.

Regards,

Jerry Busse

[This message has been edited by Jerry Busse (edited 04-05-2001).]

Cliff, to be fair, I don't have any other heavy out door knifes with macarta handles.
My main user is a Cold Steel Carbon V USA Karuki, and of course it has Kryton handles.
The other knife I do some chopping with is a CR Shadow I, And on nice days I'll take my Randall Smithsonian out for a walk.

Jerry, This is why I bought one of your knifes. I have watched and read the post about your knifes, and I've seen you come on the boards and stand behind them time after time.
I usually go for pretty knifes, but the repeated stories on the INFI steel, and the testamonials about how it preforms made me take a closer look.
The clincher for me was 2-3 weeks ago when you asked for help to contact a person that was trashing you on the other boards. Apparently he hit something in the wood he was chopping and it put a couple of dings in his blade.
You wanted to let him know you would cover it under warranty for life.
You where a stand up guy in a situation that you could have walked away from and no-one would have blamed you for doing so.
I like stand up guys, and I like to do business with stand up people.
THANK YOU, You have proved me right.
Sincerly, Charles Head

I will call you on these grips
smile.gif

I like the new grip
smile.gif

Havent't used my new bolo yet, and I doubt I'll do it sometimes soon, probably it will be more slippery, but donno, new handle looks cool and it feels more comfortable.

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

Thank You Jerry.
I am Very happy I bought one of your knifes.

To everyone else, I called Mr. Busse about my handle concerns. I explained I would be useing the bolo in several climate situations.
Mr. Busse was more that kind.
He came up with a solution to my handling issue that has made me Very happy. Once again he has proved to me that I made a Great choice by buying my 1st Busse, and secondly by making it an Aftershock Bolo.
With STAND UP service like this, I can see more Busse's in my future...
Thanks again, Charles Head

Back