Agency

Nice pictures, tiger stripe camo and all, it sort of puts the Agency back in the proper time frame.

here’s one of mine-

sog_agency_inhand.jpg

Gotta love how the light plays on the shape of that blade.

I have to admit, I was originally skeptical about the "Taiwan" blade but after a couple Months of use I see no problem. I am having trouble keeping a good edge on the curved part of the blade, and a slightly thicker blade would add a little this knife.

I bought this knife to put through its paces, I need a good knife, readily avaliable that can be tweaked in the field if need be. I made a couple "Tweaks" to my SOG Agency before its first time out.

1. I stained the leather handle and applied two coats of Tru oil, I'm not crazy about the naked leather handle.

2. I re-inforced the leather sheath with 5 brass rivets.

004-15.jpg

In the past couple of Months, this knife has cut a lot of bamboo, dug onions, cut fresh vegetables, cleaned 60 lbs of shrimp and countless other small jobs including wire stripping. The knife and sheath have been completely submerged in rivers, on numerous occasions, and still look good.

001-24.jpg

002-22.jpg

003-19.jpg

Looks good? I think your knife and sheath look fantastic. I love the look of natural materials as they wear in. I want to send you a couple of my knives to use (abuse) if they will look like that when they come back. ;)
T

Thanks clearytja but I have two S1 Bowies in line to "Season", I've already started on one and I absolutely love the knife! SOG had a good thing with the original series, if they were readilly avaliable I'd know a lot of Guys who would carry them.

The sheath modifications only takes a few minutes and I've outlined it in a thread "Sheath Issues". The only other modification was staining the leather handle and applying two coats of Tru Oil, feel free to contact me on my site, www.theakforum.net and I'll walk you through the process via PM.

Back