Ah! Gotta love the growing patina!

Loving this knife more and more every time I use it. Truly my pride and joy. :thumbup: I just realized my patina is coming along quite nicely, figured I'd share a few pics :)

32cea5b6.jpg

d72aa63b.jpg

61b83125.jpg

As you can tell, I haven't really touched the edge in a while, gonna strop it up a lil now :)

Thanks again, Nick, for a superb knife!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I will be adding more in-use pictures soon...now that I have my gf's digicam again :eek::cool:

Lokin good man:thumbup: Looks like you got a good camera too.

Nick:)

Lokin good man:thumbup: Looks like you got a good camera too.

Nick:)

Thanks Nick :) The camera is just a simple Canon point and shoot (powershot), but it gets the job done for now :thumbup: One of these days I'm going to save up for a nice DSLR....

I've got a Fiddleback on order now, but after that, I'm gonna talk with you about my next knife from you.:thumbup: I'm thinking it'll be a modified scout: maybe 4.5" blade length, a slightly more dropped point and more gradual belly for a pointer tip, taller/thicker handle overall - but especially around the index and middle finger areas for me, and maybe extended tang for firesteel striking.

THAT looks AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

Stump

Thanks Stump :)

Looking good :thumbup: I think the patina on my Scout is about as dark as it can get. It's almost black but never a single spot of rust. The new blades fresh from Nick look awesome, especially the temper line. But once they start to darken, they look cool like a well worn leather jacket :D

Yeah, the new blades look great with the hamon :thumbup:

975ade3e.jpg

But I am indeed liking the character development.

Those are some great pics, you just gotta love how the blade looks with a patina.

Back