Ahhhh.....Battle Mistress Goodness.

My head hurts from this decision...I'm leaning toward 2 (image #2 or 2 variants), but...ugh!

Ill be waiting it out for the CG version. With getting furloughed from the good ole government I need to be conservative with my purchase. :D

I'm going to hold out for the CG version, hopefully with the CF... that's a poor mans 1 of 300 :D

The swedged goodness is far to irresistible for the likes of a mere mortal such as myself.

#27 NMFBM LE? Does Jaxx know you have that?

Nope....he doesn't suspect a thing! lol.

Actually I really do miss my NMFBM....alot. I'm hoping that a 1 of 300 will fill that void (yah right), but to be 100% honest the CGs look to be pretty cool too. I threw in the Bird's Beak version simply due to the fact that I really miss the Bird's Beak....wish this run had a version of it!! Now that would be the ultimate!

Hope to have this all figured out in time for the epic moment!

I threw in the Bird's Beak version simply due to the fact that I really miss the Bird's Beak....wish this run had a version of it!! Now that would be the ultimate!

I agree, I really like the look of the BB...

I'm torn between the poor man's 1 of 300 (CG - CF w/ Black G10) or going for the REAL 1 of 300 swedged goodness.......:confused:

You'd probably be happier with a CG. Nobody in their right mind would want a silly swedge on their Mistress.

Yeah..........

Nobody.........

;) :D :cool:

"If" by some MIRACLE I would like the 1/300 just to go along with my Original LE 1/300

But my favorite is my non swedge CG......and I would like to have one of those also......not asking too much here!!!

Cheers Solstice!! I love and MISS the SHBM threads

Two mistresses from my harem
The top one is a safe queen w/ original Busse kydex, the bottom one gets used, but you'd never know by looking at it (tough old smooth coating:thumbup:). I would love a true, new-made 1/300 SHBM LE, no LB or NM treatment
SHBM.jpg

I like the way the swedge was ground on a handful of the original 1/300.
If you compare pics of the my two coated 1/300 vs. the tip of the stripped 1/300, the swedge grind is a bit different. The difference is subtle in the picture, but It's obvious when they are in hand and makes for a more acute point
SHBM swedge.jpg SHBM300.jpg

Some fun and interesting SHBM history here for the newer piglets, enjoy! http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/624555-SHBM-question
NOTE: In 2009 Lil' Foo reposted some info by Cobalt from 2007, both of these gentlemen have done a TON of SHBM research, the smooth handle w/ slotted or smooth bolts are possibly among the first 50-100 made!!

Last edited:
Long knife, is one a 1/6 the thinner swedge. And the other a 1/300 with the thicker swedge?

I LOVE The smooth slabs. I have a 1/6 with smooth slabs and a LE with smooth Bolts and slabs.

Long knife, is one a 1/6 the thinner swedge. And the other a 1/300 with the thicker swedge?
I LOVE The smooth slabs. I have a 1/6 with smooth slabs and a LE with smooth Bolts and slabs.

J, I knew you'd be along shortly :D
Yes, sir that is correct the 1/6 had a sharper but not sharpened swedge.
From the top down 1/6, 1/300 & Standard
SHBM tip-variations2.jpg
Cheers Brother

Excellent early examples!

See there all? This is why the decision is mind numbing. I want one of each variet, but it's honestly not likely for a few reasons. So, the one or two I go after will be what they be, when they be.

Back