AIDACO knife-need some help!

Afternoon everyone!

I have been lurking around here for a while, and actually stumbled on the forum trying to do some research on a knife that has been passed down from my grandfather to my father and now, to me.

The tang stamp is AIDACO. It is a fixed blade hunter, blade probably 6", stacked leather handle with what looks like an aluminum pommel and blade guard. Steel is very good.

My father passed away in 1977, and it was given to him in 1963 when my grandfather died. If my 45 year old memory serves me right, my dad said that the knife was from the 30's or 40's.

Can anyone help me with the history of the company? I have seen 2 knives at flea markets, one like mine, and another with a stacked aluminum and black plastic handle. I have seen two on ebay like mine, but there is nothing I can find in catalogs or on the 'net about the company, etc.

Not really interested in the value, as the knife is priceless to me! Just like to find out if some of the experts here have any insight into the history, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Tim

Welcome to bladeforums, sounds like a great knife. You might also ask over in the Bernard Levine Collector's section and might be able to help you also.

As TLC says, Welcome!.:)

As far as the knife goes: We really need pictures to positively identify it including a description of anything that is not clear like measurements upon request. Please post again showing at least one clear and close up photograph of each side. In other words two pictures total showing detail of the knife you would like us to identify for you.

Blessings

Thanks, guys!

I will try to figure out the digital camera and get one posted when I can!
Tim

Back