AIIIEEE! New thumb ridges !

I received a new 2004 sebenza today, the new style thumb ridges are quite inferior in terms of traction as compared to the old. This was not an improvement IMO.

I prefer the old myself. Much better traction and control with it.

I called CRK. If they are making a new knife for you they may be able to put the old style thumb ramp on.

I just ordered a small regular sebenza yesterday.

I'm new to Sebenzas. I do own several benchmades though. From the photos that I have seen, the Sebenza thumbstuds
looked more triangular when compared to the cylindrical shape of Benchmades.

What's the difference between the old Sebenza thumbstuds and the new ones? When did they change them?
Is it worth my while to give them a call to change them?????

Please let me know!!!!!!

The thumbstuds are the same. It's the ridges on the spine that are different.

Thanks BOK for the clarification. I haven't actually handled one yet (i have to wait the 8 weeks until I can play with mine)

What is the difference between the old and the new ridges?? Does anyone have pics to post??

I'm really curious given I still may have time to change mine!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Old thumb ridges = about 20 on a small sebenza, like medium knurling just slightly sharp.

New thumb ridges = twice the size, about 10, shallower, less crisp, rounded. If you look at a Strider thumb ridges and round them off. Kinda like that.

See above link for a good pic.

I like the new style quite a bit better but only because I think it looks a lot better. The old style did provide a bit more traction IMO.

Here is a side by side comparison. I think each design has their own positive and negative attributes but I’m leaning a little towards the new setup for now.

I think the new thumb ramp serrations look better, but that the old style ridges actually work better. I gotta vote for function over form.

I own several of both, and I perfer the old in terms of looks and feel.
Just my $0.02

Junkyard

Back