Airborne-specifically for throwing?

New to these forums, so hows it goin guys? I picked this up after doing a little research on Ranger's Airborne Ranger Combat Thrower. I checked out the past posts about this knife and others and noticed all the posters seem to be honest. I'm certainly no expert on anything knife or self defense related so I hope I can learn a lot from everyone here.
To business, Im seriously considering buying the Ariborne for throwing purposes. Besides the fact that from all accounts it seems to be an excellet knife. Great steel, great construction, etc. But how is it for someone looking specifically for a thrower? Is this a great utility knife that can be thrown or a great throwing knife that can sub for any other job?

I believe they are indeed made specifically to endure the abuse of throwing.

That said, the knives you are looking at are not, in fact made by ATC: they are made by Ranger Knives.

The two companies are most decidedly distinct entities.

Hope this helps,
B.

I definately know this isnt an ATC knife. I was just wondering if anyone who purchased the knife are specifically knife throwers? The Airborne is made of high grade materials so I'm not worried about the abuse it can sustain. I'm asking if any knife throwing enthusiasts have bought this one and can attest to its balance and toss. How does it feel? Can it compare to knives made specifically for throwing?

BTW- I know this is the ATC manufacturers forum. Im asking this here because ive found threads about the Airborne here. If you guys have talked about it, I thought I would get your opinions on it. Im terribly sorry if this isnt the forum for discussion on this knife.

Hi DDuncan,
You are correct, this knife went with Justin when he left ATC. Justin is in Iraq right now and isnt able to field questions right away, though he does have sporadic access to e-mail while he is there.

I can provide as much info as I can to you via e-mail to take it to a better venue, please send me a note if you need any info or I will try when I get some spare time to get in touch with you. I can act as a 'liason' here.

Sorry for the intrusion, this was brought to my attention and I want to get it to the proper venue asap. Thanks much:D

EDIT: Heh heh heh, I just noticed that you dont have your e-mail available :eek: just send me a note.:D ;)

Sent you an e-mail, but im not allowed to send you a private message yet. Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you!

Back