Recommendation? AITA - INFI/SR-101 for the billionth time.

Didn't realize I was famous. :D

Hey.... be stupid enough, and you can get famous, too. But I wouldn't recommend it. ;) I got off lucky. Extremely lucky.

Howdy DogBoye!
Sorry to stray a bit, but so you don’t feel the black clouds are only over you...
I had a Husqvarna AWD mower that I bought new, and was all I could do (journyman heavy duty mechanic) to keep It working...
I had just changed the mower belt, Ahgain....
I fired it up, and heard what sounded like gun shots, and the front & side tinted windows on my Leer canopy exploded...
Yup, 2!, TWO rocks busted two windows outta my canopy while on the truck in the driveway...
I had enough, and traded it in...
As the guy at the Kabota dealership was unloading my Husqvarna (30 hours) the mower deck fell off!! I ran in to finish the paperwork before they changeD their mind about taking it in trade!
Tho, I prolly would have given it to them for free!

Anyway DogBoye, hope you’re doing well!!
Our remaining Rottie “Roscoe” is the best dog I’ve ever known!!
He’s fit in perfectly!!
Merry Christmas DB!!
-Sixx

Howdy DogBoye!
Sorry to stray a bit, but so you don’t feel the black clouds are only over you...
I had a Husqvarna AWD mower that I bought new, and was all I could do (journyman heavy duty mechanic) to keep It working...
I had just changed the mower belt, Ahgain....
I fired it up, and heard what sounded like gun shots, and the front & side tinted windows on my Leer canopy exploded...
Yup, 2!, TWO rocks busted two windows outta my canopy while on the truck in the driveway...
I had enough, and traded it in...
As the guy at the Kabota dealership was unloading my Husqvarna (30 hours) the mower deck fell off!! I ran in to finish the paperwork before they changeD their mind about taking it in trade!
Tho, I prolly would have given it to them for free!

Anyway DogBoye, hope you’re doing well!!
Our remaining Rottie “Roscoe” is the best dog I’ve ever known!!
He’s fit in perfectly!!
Merry Christmas DB!!
-Sixx

oh man.... yeah, those black clouds can wreak havoc. Glad to hear you traded, and no one was hurt. And glad for the news on Roscoe. Ours it still kickin’ as well. And all of us are well. Good to hear from you!

Honestly, I prefer sr101 for knives I use a lot. I find it holds a fine edge better than infi and it's cheaper.

There are only two downsides to it:
1) it's high carbon and therefore will oxidize if not maintained or coated.

2) resale price isn't usually held quite as well as infi. Infi is what busse is famous for, so it stands to reason that steel holds it's value better if only because it's the consummate busse experience. This is a double edged sword though...... cheaper to buy but harder to sell.

So, my heavy users are all sr101 honestly, save 1 (ds6). The most carried and used is my sykco 511, a knife I initially didn't actually like.

Nate knows steel and he's not just an admirer. He beats them like they beg to be beaten!

Thanks brother. I do love to get out and use them. Been a rough couple of years though. First sidelined by a shoulder impingement and now golfer’s elbow bs. Neither injury related to chopper use (or golf), but there they are.

Thanks brother. I do love to get out and use them. Been a rough couple of years though. First sidelined by a shoulder impingement and now golfer’s elbow bs. Neither injury related to chopper use (or golf), but there they are.
Isn't that how it always goes? We never get the injuries we expect. Lol

Back