AK FUN (Again)

Congrats brutha. I need me a sheath as well. Now that you, Morimotom, and myself have our AK's we need to go huntin' for dem "nuclear payloads". :D:thumbup:

I agree :D....you'll both need something to carry yours in though :p

LeatherHOG

No doubt Kydex is probably better...but I'm into the traditional things!

Hey, you should talk to Bill Siegle....he's got an AK right now and also bends kydex. I'll bet he could make you a BAAAD sheath! :D

Great Video. I have to make some analysis of it:

If you look at how an AK is designed it is not a chopping blade. It is not wide so it lacks mass, which consequently also makes it less rigid than a wider thicker blade. I am amazed at the flexibility of INFI. It is really apparent in the AK, you look at how much flex you had when prying out the knife, most other steels would have either taken a set or snapped and at an Rc of 58-60 I think most owould have snapped except the differentially Ht'd ones which wold have taken a set. Great video that shows truly how Rubbery INFI can be. In order to get a BM to flex like that you'd have to stick a Pry bar or Pipe on it. Great video that shows INFI's Flex.

Thanks Cobalt. That was an awesome analysis. I am by no means an experienced knife tester, you know far more than I, but I do know that Busse knives/swords have held far better than the ones I have tried. As you stated, the AK is not a designated chopper, but I am amazed how well it can chop if needed. Mind you that I have but a "V" grind on it ,via my Edge Pro, which is weaker than a "convex edge". And the log I was chopping on is super hard IMHO. Even after all I put that AK through, approx 20 minutes (I edited a lot out), there was absolutely no edge damage and I could shave my arm at all points on the blade. It just amazes me. Thanks again bro. :)

O.K. Maybe it's just my dsl connection, or how it recorded, but there are parts in this clip where you can actually hear the chops hit before my blade hits the log. :confused:

Or perhaps it is because the AK is so Bad A$$ that the log starts to split before the blade ever makes contact.:p:thumbup::thumbup:

Man those are sweet. Getting an AK sheath from Dave. Gott figure out how I can secure it to my Pack now... Paracord and Mole clips akimbo!!

Back