AK -vs- MSAT & LOTR Books

Well after pbusby and MORIMOTEM whooped on my AK I decided to finish up the edge on it tonight. I used the Edge Pro and had to do it in sections that were about 3"-4" wide. The phone book cutting test felt a little awkward because of the angle of the cutting platform, the long/skinny blade, and it was kind of hard to hold. Not sure why. It came out pretty sharp but I think I could do better with practice. Anyway, its battle ready now.

Sorry for the title screw up of this thread. I am so used to using a phone book it was just automatic. That just means I'll have to find one. :)

1. AK -vs- MSAT Book

2. AK -vs- LOTR (Just over 1,137 pages. All 6 books. I cheated on the first cut w/ a little rocking but redeemed myself a little on the second.)

3. AK -vs - MSAT Part II (this time I did some draw cuts on the MSAT book. I was a little happier with this one.)

4. AK Chop Tests ( The first book was cut in half and was 160 pages. The second was cut to page 460. And the third is a 2x4 being split.

cool!!!

hey, that ain't no phone book! i took the msat in 1997 i think. scored an 176, then decided not to be a teacher anymore.

cool!!!

hey, that ain't no phone book! i took the msat in 1997 i think. scored an 176, then decided not to be a teacher anymore.

Shhhhhhhhh. It's my wife's. She took and passed it while 8 months pregnant with our first. So I figure she doesn't NEED it any more. Right? :confused:

Shhhhhhhhh. It's my wife's. She took and passed it while 8 months pregnant with our first. So I figure she doesn't NEED it any more. Right? :confused:

yup, it is now trash. no need to EVER open it again, that test was pretty tough. i wouldnt want any reminders except the letter that says i passed (which i have since lost).

i actually only took it because i had paid the fee several weeks before, and couldnt get a refund. my girlfriend at the time, who still teaches, studied for weeks up to the test. i went in cold turkey, and scored higher by several points! she was kinda pissed.

I thought you were going to wail into that book. Cool vids man, that ak must be pretty sharp:thumbup: Can you a VID of your AK slamming into a book, just to see like chopping/slashing power?

I thought you were going to wail into that book. Cool vids man, that ak must be pretty sharp:thumbup: Can you a VID of your AK slamming into a book, just to see like chopping/slashing power?

You bet. But right now I am off to teach the sweat hogs some summer school science. :D

I'll give it a go when I get home later today.

I'd like to coin a new term here.

The art of sharpening your Busse and showing off Photobucket vids of slicing up paperback books should be referred to as Tykron-Do.

Hasaaaaan-CHOP!

Excellent!!! :thumbup: :D:D:D Again, very entertaining!! Although I was thinkin'... If it'll push cut through that book, ummm, what's a towel gonna do for ya? LOL watch those fingers! :eek: :thumbup: Thanxx for sharing!!

Excellent!!! :thumbup: :D:D:D Again, very entertaining!! Although I was thinkin'... If it'll push cut through that book, ummm, what's a towel gonna do for ya? LOL watch those fingers! :eek: :thumbup: Thanxx for sharing!!

It's a "MAGICAL" towel JAXX! :rolleyes:

:p:p

Actually, I was trying not to squeeze the blade with that hand but had the towel there as a buffer just in case.

I'd like to coin a new term here.

The art of sharpening your Busse and showing off Photobucket vids of slicing up paperback books should be referred to as Tykron-Do.

Hasaaaaan-CHOP!

Yeah, but I cheat with the Edge Pro. :p I'd love to see vids of what the rest of you guys do with your INFI. Probably, a lot better than mine. But, alas, I am but a piglet with my eyes on the trough. :thumbup::D

I'm sending a box of these books to Skunk to forward to all of you as Skunk Junk. I bet no one here will care if you cut them up:thumbup: :cool:

irc.jpg

Looks like you got that edge right where it needs top be :D nice vid's Tyrkon! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man. Now only if I could do that free hand like you. ;)

It'll be the ultimate test of my sharpening skills when I get my AK.....I think I'll just stay on top of maintaining the edge rather than having to ever do any serious edgework :p looks like it'd be a BEAR!!!

Back