Akonua 402 Cross draw sheath

I have been looking everywhere for a cross-draw sheath for the 402 Akonua. I have found custom sheaths for a lot of the buck fixed blade models but never the 402. I don't need anything fancy. If I cant find anything I may have to modify the one I have (scary I work wood not leather). I don't think it would take a lot. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

You want to find Makael on this forum...He does excellent work...PM him or leave a msg on his profile page...

I have been looking everywhere for a cross-draw sheath for the 402 Akonua. I have found custom sheaths for a lot of the buck fixed blade models but never the 402. I don't need anything fancy. If I cant find anything I may have to modify the one I have (scary I work wood not leather). I don't think it would take a lot. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
You'll be very happy with a custom made by any number of vendors on this forum, especially @Makael . I would also look at @Horsewright (Dave Ferry). I have a holster by him and love it.

Zieg

Nice knife, great idea :thumbsup:

Are you thinking horizontal or at an angle? At what position, like 10 o'clock? Just curious.

Thank you David, sassafrassdogs3 and Zieg. I will check out Makael I have seen his posts. I will also look into Dave Ferry as a nice Sheath with matching holster would be great. Actually that is the reason I need the crossdraw sheath in the first place as my firearm is already on the right and a ranger draw doesn't work well on the tractor or in the truck. Thanks again for the quick response. Long time lurker, new poster and still in denial that I have any hording or obsessive behaviors. My motto is "No dear that's not new. I've had that for years. In fact I think I got that from Dad"

Nice knife, great idea :thumbsup:

Are you thinking horizontal or at an angle? At what position, like 10 o'clock? Just curious.
I was thinking horizontal or perhaps 10 o'clock to match the forward cant on a gun holster. With some of the loops I have seen on other cross-draw holsters for fixed blades it floats a bit so you don't get binds with bigger knives. Think getting in and out of your vehicle.

I was thinking horizontal or perhaps 10 o'clock to match the forward cant on a gun holster. With some of the loops I have seen on other cross-draw holsters for fixed blades it floats a bit so you don't get binds with bigger knives. Think getting in and out of your vehicle.
Sounds like a good plan. :) Thanks

Back