AKS/ Bohler Fighter

This is a Fighter I did For the Folks at Bohler steel And my good friends At Alpha knife supply. I'd like to Thank Chuck Bybee for the opportunity to be involved in this project. I cant say enough good things about Chuck and Jessica for the superb service and even though weve never met, They make me feel like I've known them forever.:D

Hopfully some of you may have seen it at the Bohler booth at the Blade show.

I wish My pics were better, I think they're over exposed or something.:o

Thanks For Lookin!

Shawn

Steel is Bohler N690, 800 grit handrubbed finish
416 guard
And a nice piece of curl Koa from Alpha knife supply.

2010_07260016.jpg

2010_07260019.jpg

what is the project?

what is the project?

I was invited to build the knife out of Bohler's steel for display in Their booth at Blade for introduction of thier blade steels to the North America Market.

As a new maker, I was excited.

Shawn

Congrats and nice looking knife

I held one similar at the NY show that Les had and I regret not buying it

Congrats and nice looking knife

I held one similar at the NY show that Les had and I regret not buying it

Thanks! Dont regret it, as a matter of fact, If your conscience gets to you,I know he's got one just for you In Black Micarta.:D:D

Shawn

I was invited to build the knife out of Bohler's steel for display in Their booth at Blade for introduction of thier blade steels to the North America Market.

As a new maker, I was excited.

Shawn

cool! I'll bet you stoked about that:thumbup::cool:

Cool! How did you like working the steel? Did it grind well? I am thinking about trying it out on a project of my own :)

That koa is nice to! I like how the curl looks on the sculptured handle.

Cool! How did you like working the steel? Did it grind well? I am thinking about trying it out on a project of my own :)

That koa is nice to! I like how the curl looks on the sculptured handle.

Thanks Folks,

I REALLY like working with this N690. Its not bad at all to grind, and it takes a nice handrubbed finish.

Shawn

I got to try Vanax and Elmax steels for Bohler and AKS. I'm really liking these Bohler products! I have a billet of N690 and am looking forward to making something with it.

Very nice knife, Shawn. Good design that's well executed. Don't worry too much about your photography. An 800 grit finish is not easy to shoot. That's why there are people like Jim Cooper and Chuck Ward.

Davvid

I got to try Vanax and Elmax steels for Bohler and AKS. I'm really liking these Bohler products! I have a billet of N690 and am looking forward to making something with it.

Very nice knife, Shawn. Good design that's well executed. Don't worry too much about your photography. An 800 grit finish is not easy to shoot. That's why there are people like Jim Cooper and Chuck Ward.

Davvid

Thanks David, Chuck said you were doing some things for them also. How was that Elmax? I dont imagine it was pleasant to hand-finish. The N690 is really nice to work with.

Thanks Nick And Ricky!

Shawn

Thanks David, Chuck said you were doing some things for them also. How was that Elmax? I dont imagine it was pleasant to hand-finish. The N690 is really nice to work with.

The Elmax was work. I was finishing another large sub hilt fighter in CPM154 at the same time. Both double hollow ground. It took about 4 times as long to work out the tool marks on the Elmax blade. The end result was nice. Great finish like the 154. I believe it's supposed to be comparable to s30v in performance, or at least close. It sure makes a nicer looking blade and it's not a nightmare to finish like s30v. I'll be using it again.

David

nice work and glad you could get a cool project like this

AKS is top notch good ppl all around (need ot call the and order a few things soon)

Back