AKTI's relationship with other knife organizations

What if any relationship does AKTI have with other knife related organizations like the Knifemakers Guild, American Bladesmith Society, International Blade Collectors, etc?

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

The Knifemakers Guild has supported AKTI from the very beginning. D'Holder (past KMG president) has been involved on the board since the beginnings. All members of KMG are members of AKTI and several of the ABS. Our most recent Associate member is the Central Kentucky Knife Club.

We do need to think of ways to work with other organizations and suggestions or help would be welcomed....
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

"All members of KMG are members of AKTI"

How many members does KMG have?
Is AKTI's membership really less than 1000 if we include the KMG members?

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

KMG has about 400 members. Yes, those are included in the slightly less than 1,000 AKTI members.

There has been some discussion at board meetings trying to determine if there is just a lot of apathy or if the message to individuals needs to be redefined. 2 million flyers were included with knives in the last year.

Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Jan,

I am afraid that Apathy is probably the biggest problem. Unfortunately most people don't perceive knives as being seriously threatened. I don't know how to change that perception.

It does trouble me that BladeForums has over 3600 members and AKTI fewer than 1000. Maybe Mike and Spark could put AKTI memberships in the BladeForums Store.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

Back