AL Mar 3003-A Sheath Choice

With regards to the Al Mar Col Rowe 3003-A large folding vintage SERE knife, which sheath is better to have, the nylon/cordura camo one or the leather one? I can’t decide. I have some opinions but would like to hear from folks here. Thanks!

Sadly no or I would have. I had to pick one as they would use the other for another of their knives in their collection. I ended up choosing the leather one since it had the pressed seal and 3003 on the back. I guess I’ll just be on the lookout for the camo one until I find it

Sadly no or I would have. I had to pick one as they would use the other for another of their knives in their collection. I ended up choosing the leather one since it had the pressed seal and 3003 on the back. I guess I’ll just be on the lookout for the camo one until I find it

I prefer leather sheaths, so that would have been my choice also.

Thanks. It was hard for me to decide as I wasn’t sure if either was more preferred within the community. Plus, being a grad of Col Rowe’s SERE Level-C course, I really wanted to get it right. Anyway, I have s few now to include the Al Mar Col Rowe Commemorative knife. I don’t have the case nor the Greg Walker Pam but I have the knife, sheath, COA and coin.

Last edited:
Sure. I just took a couple. They’re not the best pics but I just took some quick shots for you. There are two pics of the sheath and coin so as to show you both sides of the coin. I’d like to get one more coin, the pamphlet by Greg Walker and a case. I’ll see if I can post them here in a few. I’m a new member so it might take some time!

I have tried to upload a couple more pics I took earlier but it says each individual pic is too large for the server! What gives? Anyway, too late for me to work through that tonight. May try in the a.m.

Back