Alabama "jungle" school coming

ya stateside is a plus. wish you did a woods class closer to the west coast. wish my property was bigger, i only have a few acres in plumas national forest in northern california.

Jeff I was about to send you a address to ship it to :).

I hope to make this. Make me feel like a Catchan Swamp Rat

what animals made those tracks?

First'n

Bobcat_04.jpg

Any color coordinator that shows up at the class will have to walk point on the night nav through the swamps. Cottonmouths seemed to be attracted more towards females (I was going to say pussies but figured that wouldn't be nice) :D

sounds like more fun by the minute! i was also wondering if you'd ever do training somewhere besides AL and Peru. Maybe Sonoran Desert? :) Seriously though...the swamp sounds like a great place to test learning and skills.

Any color coordinator that shows up at the class will have to walk point on the night nav through the swamps. Cottonmouths seemed to be attracted more towards females (I was going to say pussies but figured that wouldn't be nice) :D

I will volunteer to be point man.

mlrs

As we have stated a bunch of times on here: we know nothing about desert survival and would not even begin to teach such a class. We know tropical / sub tropical survival. So, we do our classes in the Southeast and in Peru.

But Jeff you guys could be like the survival manuals: a little bit about everything and not enough about anything.

I would love to do one of these classes in the future. I really want to understand and gain more confidence with a compass. I have a couple of book I've been researching and spending time outdoors working on it, but I just seem to breakdown and lose confidence once I get into cover and lose that line of sight.

I'm self taught in almost everything I do, but spending a few days learning form someone with experience is invaluable. You can pick up a lot from hitting the books, but it's the little tricks of the trade that don't seem to make it in print.

That and I'm from Vegas, I'm always down to hit the strip clubs. What the hell is a strip club like in Alabama?

Still sounds like fun. My ESEE4 could be considered color coordinated so if I go I'll leave it at home and let mlrs take point. I love it when pu...i mean people volunteer. :D

So hows it gonna work. Students with a bark pillow and a poncho to cover with and Jeff and Mike In a nice tent with fan and heater :) :)

Back