Alaska Trip Photos

Spent the last 10 weeks in different parts of Alaska. I hiked, cooked, ate, got rained on, drank, hiked through snow, got eaten by mosquitos, saw a porcupine, countless eagles, a black bear, hiked to glaciers, crossed icy rivers, climbed mountains, climbed on top of glaciers, made friends, had every kind of Alaskan food, made camps, fires, lead group hikes, played music, and kayaked!

Steamed mushrooms in sphagnum moss

Mendenhall Glacier

Icy Lake

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing. What kind of camera gear was used?

Beautiful place. Wife & I visited Alaska back around '98 when my Sister In-law and her husband lived, and worked, at Denali National Park. We were there in the early Fall and it was beautiful. Not sure how I'd feel about living there in the winter.

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing. What kind of camera gear was used?
Thanks. I used a small, Point and shoot (P&S) Olympus TG4. great for rain, underwater shots, dropping, and just rugged travel.
Beautiful place. Wife & I visited Alaska back around '98 when my Sister In-law and her husband lived, and worked, at Denali National Park. We were there in the early Fall and it was beautiful. Not sure how I'd feel about living there in the winter.
Hey old friend. I would like to stay in winter.

Great stuff man, I'm envious, Alaska is one of my "bucket list" places. I've had friends that lived on Kodiak Island, and relatives in Sitka, but so far I've not made it up there.

Thank you for sharing your adventures in AK. I would love to go, but I suspect I will never visit there. Wife is not much into camping or being uncomfortable in general. So, you headed for Alaska right after the Blade Show or you skipped Blade this year?

The trusty SAKs win.

Hey old friend. I would like to stay in winter.

I like winter camping, but Alaska winters are a whole other level compared to what I'm use to. I don't have to plug my car in at night to keep it from freezing. Army buddy's kid was stationed there in the Army and stayed after he got out. He was out hunting Dall sheep and fell into a stream while pulling his kill out of it. The moment he got out it was a Jack London's "To build a fire" scenario. Mother Nature is a very real threat there.

Rueben, I am pretty new to posting pictures on forums. I know this sounds dumb, but I have been resisting this for years. Some of my photos I consider "special" but resist placing a copyright notation on them. And yes, some are published.

Do you reduce the size for convenience in posting here or do you do it for "legal reasons" as they are your personal property and might be used (hence purchased for one-time use) in one of your articles that you have published?

I posted a couple photos in the Hunting & Fishing sub-form in the bear story thread if you are interested in looking. You do a great job taking pictures and documenting things.

Great photos Bear! Always love your posts.
I plan on going there soon to do some gold detecting. Can't wait!

Great photos! Been there twice. Which Vic model are you carrying?

Thank you for sharing your adventures in AK. I would love to go, but I suspect I will never visit there. Wife is not much into camping or being uncomfortable in general. So, you headed for Alaska right after the Blade Show or you skipped Blade this year?

The trusty SAKs win.

Didn't make it to Blade...Alaska was calling.

Rueben, I am pretty new to posting pictures on forums. I know this sounds dumb, but I have been resisting this for years. Some of my photos I consider "special" but resist placing a copyright notation on them. And yes, some are published.

Do you reduce the size for convenience in posting here or do you do it for "legal reasons" as they are your personal property and might be used (hence purchased for one-time use) in one of your articles that you have published?

I posted a couple photos in the Hunting & Fishing sub-form in the bear story thread if you are interested in looking. You do a great job taking pictures and documenting things.

I resize them. Its easier and takes up less bandwidth.

-RB

Great photos! Been there twice. Which Vic model are you carrying?

Camper!

-RB

Great photo's and trip! Love the SPAM on a stick......if you ever are in Minnesota visit the SPAM museum! Been to Alaska 2 times over the last 20 yrs...next time I'm driving my RV. ( If I ever retire)

Great photo's and trip! Love the SPAM on a stick......if you ever are in Minnesota visit the SPAM museum! Been to Alaska 2 times over the last 20 yrs...next time I'm driving my RV. ( If I ever retire)
Glad you liked the pictures. Spam over an open fire is the way to go.

-RB

Back