ALERT!!!! . . . Counterfeit Busse Combat American Kensei 47 Swords . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
When there arent any real ones to buy, people end up buying anything that comes by including fakes, if there is such a high demand why end production?

They were in production for awhile, then the Busse Company Store had them in 4 or more combos ready for immediate shipping for quite awhile...and they slowly trickled out until the very end. Only once they were gone, and gone for awhile did the demand pick up. They still pop up at shows from time to time, but the production run is done.

This is the Busse sales model. Announce them, produce them, fill the orders... and move on to the next model. That's how Busse Combat rolls. :)

They were in production for awhile, then the Busse Company Store had them in 4 or more combos ready for immediate shipping for quite awhile...and they slowly trickled out until the very end. Only once they were gone, and gone for awhile did the demand pick up. They still pop up at shows from time to time, but the production run is done.

This is the Busse sales model. Announce them, produce them, fill the orders... and move on to the next model. That's how Busse Combat rolls. :)

i'm new to busse and from lurking, i've noticed this is UNFORTUNATELY how they work.

for people new to the game, we have to pay a mark up off of the secondary market. i think
that busse AND busse kin should re-release popular models that they know would sell well.

i.e.
AK-47
HOGFSH
Dogfather
Scizzy
and many others...

nobody likes paying $100+
over the original sale price, but we all do it
because we trust in infi & kin

As China learns about more and more of our best made American products, this is going to become all too common in the future, unfortunately. I realize this is from OK, but this will only become more of an issue.

One of my ex-girlfriends is Chinese-American. Some of her Chinese family was visiting my house once and I showed them a Finnish M39 Mosin bolt action rifle from the Winter War in World War II. I described how it was a unique piece of history and very collectible. One of them turned it over in her hands and said, "You can just make these and sell them." I said, "Oh no, there's arsenal stamps all over the metal, under the wood, that tell where it's been." She looked at me and said, "Well yeah, you just recreate them." I was like, "What the fffffuuuuuuuuu........" Her family doesn't own any factories. That reaction was her first instinctual response.

I have been to various different trade shows for different representative positions. I have been told by quite a few employers to "keep the asians out of our booth" not because they were racist but because they would try and steal designs and re create them over seas. I think that it is awful that some people have no moral code and no creativity.

sorry for the second post. Did a quick search on ebay and there are two user id's that are selling busse swords and it appears that the pictures are all taken at the same place. I searched "busse sword". I am not sure if these are copies are not, but my hopes were that this would help you find who is responsible for this. I have no respect for one that copies another mans fine work.

This can be perused as a criminal and a civil matter; the criminal route is much better. My suggestion is for Busse to go here and report the intellectual property crime:

http://www.iprcenter.gov/referral

It won’t be rocket surgery to catch the offenders:

- ICE will do an admin subpoena to eBay to get the sellers account information

- ICE will then probably do an admin subpoena to the sellers ISP for the sellers account information

- ICE can do court orders to get content details from eBay and/or the ISP

- If its determined the fake swords are coming from outside the US ICE can attempt to interdict the supply chain

Unless the seller has done allot of careful preparation it’s easy to work this down to an individual; street address, phone number, etc. After that it’s a matter of guys with guns, badges and Miranda cards knocking on their door. The IPR Center has a nice collection of fake seized items in their lobby, maybe one of the fake Busse swords will hang there soon.

This can be investigated by ICE under their IPR banner, it could also be investigated by the law enforcement in Busse’s jurisdiction, but in most cases local LE lacks the resources and experience to successfully run these types of investigations. I’d still recommend filing a police report with local LE.

Hope that helps!

I have been to various different trade shows for different representative positions. I have been told by quite a few employers to "keep the asians out of our booth" not because they were racist but because they would try and steal designs and re create them over seas. I think that it is awful that some people have no moral code and no creativity.

Personally, I'll never trade my made-in-USA cutlery for lead toys or plastic chairs imported from FAR EAST. However, many people over here are addicted in this type of business. I regard it as either extreme stupidity or simply treason. When people in FAR EAST are eventually able to "recreate" Boeing planes and Intel CPUs, very probably USA will only have mineral resources to sell. That's won't be very funny.

As to blatant knockoffs, my principle is rather simple: NEVER BUY, NEVER USE.

I've got one of yours so I'll never need another. Fakes be damned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back