All ASH-1 Variants - pics, please!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Kenneth F Huls, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
  2. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Would I ever love to have an ASH like that! I just love tequila G10, but unfortunately have never scored any. The NM/SFNO looks fantastic festooned with it as well!

duramax and tuica like this.
  3. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Nothing spectacular. One Fatty on top. Then two Skinnies. (Salacious mental image not overtly intended). The Sage with Maroon Hand Sanded scales arrived this morning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Had to show off the beautiful, new (to me) Armoralleather with ray insert in picked up from luethge. I think the green and black G10 goes rather nicely with the green dyed rayskin. It is one BEEFY rig and worthy of a Fatty! Carries beautifully. Thanks, luethge!

gk4ever2, luethge and MosesMcgregor like this.
  5. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    IMG_0067.jpg

Had to add the side/spine shot to show what I mean about a sheath worthy of a Fat ASH-1. This is my first Puckett family made sheath, but will not be my last! (I know it likely that someone might ask, so the Remington ammo is 30-40 Krag, believe it or not - for my Winchester Miroku High Wall. I just love my single shots!)

luethge, tuica, duramax and 1 other person like this.
  6. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I wish we would see the Ash-1 as often as we see Tglb variants. Love the Ash-1.

tuica, Kenneth F Huls and duramax like this.
  7. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Testify, brother!

tuica likes this.
  8. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    That is a beautiful sheath.

Garth

tuica and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  9. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Sir Garth, thank you very much for both noticing and praising the new knifeskin for my Fat ASH-1 that you made for me some years ago :thumbsup::)

Well, anyway, I like to think you did. See this is my only hands-on direct as placed by me custom order from the Shop. Whenever this was, I simply could Not find any ASH-1's and someone said, "call Garth." So I did. You answered, and after the most pleasant conversation re the mighty ASH-1, you "talked me into" settling on placing my order for the Fatty pictured with the sheath. It was born and delivered to me fast! And a good lookin' Fatstuh it was and is, thank you!

Here's to Garth :thumbsup::p!

Ken

duramax and tuica like this.