All machetes in stock!

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Alright! I've now got all machetes in stock. You can purchase them on the website.

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I only see the natural canvas 12-inch and two 18-inchers (natural and OD green canvas) currently listed:
http://www.fiddlebackforge.com/shoponline/index.cfm/category/2/available-now.cfm

Also, while I'm here, has there been a discussion of which machete sizes generally work best for what tasks; I know that a lot will depend on the person's size, fitness, and individual preference, but other than that?

Yes. I haven't gotten the listings done. I'd forgotten that. If you need a 14 or 16 right away, just call me.

As to the best size. That isn't really answerable. It really comes to personal preference. They are all really good tools. The 12 is the easiest to carry though.

Hey Andy, love my 12 and 16 but wondering... Will you be handling any 12's in anything other than micarta? Like some nice hardwood scales? Thanks.

I don't want to. I don't want to warranty wood really. I did Kerry's because he really came through for me at Blade Show. Probably 20 manhours without beer in hand. I can sell blanks, sharpened or unsharpened though.

OK, that's cool, I understand. I guess the wood just doesn't hold up like the micarta on that type of use. Sure does look good though!

Awesome for Kerry, especially going that long without beer! Even more congrats to him for getting such as sweet score then.

I just might consider doing one myself, of course I'd have to learn the process of attaching the scales, probably got all the tools... ;)

Not only did I not have beer in hand but I had to know that they were in a cooler right under me, that is truely what sucked. Only good thing is that I had good company with Mrs. Fletcher, cant wait til this year. I think that I want a 18 or 16 with the mircarts tho for the chore work, cutting the rough out around the house. I'll get with you tomorrow or Mon. Cant decide which one I want.

It could be done with just a drill press, files and sandpaper, but a bandsaw would be really niuce to have.

I bought an 18incher thinking it MIGHT be too long. I was wrong. I would now only get the 18 inchers. It made pruning back some trees wicked easy. I wouldn't replace a good sturdy knife with these but for what they excel at, get the long one.

As a bonus my 9 year old decided it would also be great for zombies, take that for what it's worth.

Pete

I would like an 18" blank sharpened,
will send paypal but need info please.

I'll have to do these this week guys. I don't have them ground yet.

Back