1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ALL the Badgers?! Pic?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Kenneth F Huls, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    So, I love Badgers.

But of course there are many "Badgers." Some are rather different than others. Yet, I find that it is nonetheless a cohesive line, a family of like-minded knives. A larger-end-small to mid-size could-do-it-all-if-one-had-to-only-have-one-knife, knife!

If I had to pare it down to two, it would be either an ASH-1 or SFNO/NMSFNO AND one of the Badgers. And I would pine for more pork, but would be confident that I can survive. If I could only have one, a HOG Badger would do just fine (if not an ASH-1 or SFNO). I'd make it.

Starting out collecting Busses, I was immediately attracted to the old Badgers. No "new" Badgers offered (for some reason I exclude the BATAC I guess?) :thumbsdown::(
    Finally, the SOB! Scarfed up the prototype, modded it to suit = happy! Then, the HOG Badger! Fantastic! Most recently, the NFBA. Love it! So, I have three. But there are so, so many old-school Badgers. I pine. I yearn. Oh, for an ABA!! :D

Does anyone have a full listing of ALL da' Badgers? Perhaps there is a Badgerphile out there with a pic of every single Badger offered over the years?
    Would love to see it!

IMG_1108.jpg

Ironkid883, duramax, lmcq784 and 2 others like this.
  2. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Sadly I only have these two :D

[​IMG]

fbusmc, Ironkid883, duramax and 2 others like this.
  3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I have a few BATACs (plus a Mole Jack that snuck into the picture):

[​IMG]

gorshi, tuica, Ironkid883 and 4 others like this.
  4. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    "Sadly," I may have to reconsider the BATAC ;)
    That's a pretty nice lookin' knife ya' got there, DB. :thumbsup:
    I have heard that one either loves or hates the TAC handle. I take it you love it? The TAC has always been my objection, if one would call it that. (Rather, my hesitation, I guess.) Not huge on super pointy skull crushers, either. And yet, of late this profile has been looking better and better. Likely because a BATAC is realistically within reach; whereas a DABA . . . . I wish I could try one in hand without committing to a purchase. I need a local Busse Collector's Club with a Passaround Patty Night!

Sweet Nuke, too!! Puts my lil' ole "non-toxic"-style NFBA to shame! (still, I love the plain Jane gal :))

5. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Jo

6. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Sorry for that last strange responsive post, John. Not sure how I did that? One has to hit the "click to expand" to see my comment, and it all appears as if it is the responded-to post, itself. Only had half a cup of coffee so far, so that probably explains things!

7. DirtyPhill

DirtyPhill

Nov 13, 2007
    BATAC club

[​IMG]

tuica, Currawong, Ironkid883 and 2 others like this.
  8. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    And he who can pull the blade from the stump is foretold to be? King HOG?

gk4ever2 and Ironkid883 like this.
  9. BeastClaw

BeastClaw Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    32656701478_18b542d281_z.jpg 32854078567_23264643e5_z.jpg

Béma, Busto, Kenneth F Huls and 3 others like this.
  10. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    I was on a Snakeskin and Tan kick back when you could still order things in Snakeskin. I ended up with an FBM, a Satin Jack Tac, a BATAC (x2), and a War Boar in that combo:

[​IMG]

LMT66, lex2006, Blueoak and 5 others like this.
  11. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    That's a SHBA at the bottom:

[​IMG]

12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Mole Jack? Top row, second from right?
    That is QUITE a nice collection there. The only BATACs I have are BG BATACs, from OP2W1, all bought second hand. A couple of them from grab bags, or somewhere else. Not the regular offerings. One is black g10 on gold/bronze, the other black g10 on like a tiger-stripe camo. Sorry, don't have photos.

Kenneth F Huls, tuica and Ironkid883 like this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    BATAC is one of my favourites...it is a good do all knife while not being great at everything (much the same reason I like the ASH so much, the ASH can punch a little heavier than the BATAC however). One of mine traipsed all around Mozambique with me so that should tell you something.

14. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Correct on the Mole Jack.

Sometime I'll have to get all the Badgers together for a family portrait - SHBA, BATAC LE, various BATAC CGs, a couple BGs, HOG Badgers, Nano Fusion Badgers, 2G Ergo Badgers, Sons of Badgers, etc. So many Badgers....

Kenneth F Huls, duramax and dogboye like this.
  15. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I like the TAC handle; I find it fairly comfortable. Having said that, I still enjoy the BA3 handle (which includes the DABA); it is the same handle as on the Satin Jack.

Kenneth F Huls and tuica like this.
  16. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    RARE Badger! I'm pretty sure this is one of the original Badgers (it's not mine, but I wish it was).

BA1-01a.jpg
    BA1-01b.jpg

17. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Exactly, John, and that is exactly what I was hoping for. Soooooooo . . . . !

18. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    gk4ever2, that is an epic pic, man! I have never seen a two-bolt heritage Badger that looks like that. Prototype of the original?

Maybe someone who might have ground it could confirm????! :oops:

19. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Got a pic of your BA3?! :thumbsup:

20. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Exactly, Andy. What is kinda amazing is that this is basically true of ALL Badgers, and they are so varied. My two favorite model lines are Badgers and Steel Hearts (ok, mostly ASH-1s!). Just for this reason. The Badgers on the lighter end of the concept, and SH/ASHs on the larger end. "Course the combo for a two-knife solution is epic.

tuica likes this.