1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all the youtube experts told me big blades suck for...

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Srtr, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Yonose

Yonose Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Sounds boring

Cobalt likes this.
  2. Cobalt

Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Not if it's cold outside. ;)

3. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    ASH2 is a great medium sized chopper:thumbsup:

My first and favorite piece of Infi, I think .22 is great stock thickness in a medium/large blade. Still has enough heft but it is still light in hand

MattinLA, jsnell and MacLaren1 like this.
  4. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Had the family over last night and my brother (who is not a knife guy) saw one of my knives on the kitchen counter. This led to me dragging out my Bag o' Busse's. While he was going thru them he pulled out the ASH2 and he kind of lit up. "This is the one.". He said. "You could take off to the mountains with this one all by itself and be just fine.".

5. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Hey CD!!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Cool story...!
    Looks like after my Credit Card cools off, I'm gonna have to try score an ASH-2!!
    Have a great Christmas Day!!
    -Sixx

EagleTalon likes this.
  6. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    17B82451-9901-4B63-99AD-5B7ED2AB1C38.jpeg The balance of the Ash-2 is perfection. The knife feels so light in hand. I should have bought a second when I had the chance. This model is Infi gold. Not sure if that makes sense.

MacLaren1, hydeinmind and 6850 like this.
  7. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Makes sense to me DJC!
    Nice knife!
    Have a great Christmas Day bud!!
    -Sixx

MacLaren1 likes this.
  8. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    happy to see other lovers of the ASH2 comin out to post :D

Merry Christmas everyone.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  9. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Lot of weight in those full tang handles. The ASH2 strikes a nice balance between the handle and the blade. The old school front talon makes a pretty decent fingerguard too.

10. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    The ASH2, with that INFI steel is just remarkable.
    Like someone else stated, " INFI gold "

Freedom Pullo likes this.
  11. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I cannot agree more! I started a thread a couple of months (or weeks) ago, I cannot remember which.

There are not a ton of threads about this knife. So, when when I got mine unused, second hand with a nice shiny and sharp edge on it, I had to start a post.

For some reason I passed in OP2W, and was so thrilled to pick one up.

It is everything you guys say - it seems to be not so prevalently discussed (not surprising with the knives coming out like crazy), although I will hold on to mine for as long as I can!

C

hydeinmind likes this.
  12. Cobalt

Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    There is a reason why it is an ideal size, because it is closer to the original Mistresses than to an steel heart. Which is why it is such a great knife. It can do everything well.
    ASH2 14.5" OAL, 9" Blade Length, 0.22" thick sabre ground
    BME 15" OAL, 9.5" Blade Length, 0.25" thick flat ground
    SHBM 15.5" OAL, 10" Blade Length, 0.25" thick flat ground

MacLaren1 likes this.
  13. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Cobalt - I was thinking about this when I wrote my post, and the fact that one of my all-time favorite Busses is the BWMLE at .22.

14. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    Interesting comments on this thread. My blade that has been most used is the now, almost ancient, Basic 9. My 'time on task' with this knife has been considerable, and I have learned how to use it for small and bigger tasks. It feels right for me. The edge has been thinned out over the years and I have confidence in the tool.

I also like the ASH-2. It seems to have a nice balance in the hand and cuts well. I like the looks of this knife almost as much as the newest FBM incarnation with the favored wide blade profile. The ASH-2 might be almost perfect as an all rounder.

Keep in mind: a lot of how a high quality tool performs has to do strictly with user skill and confidence as well as hand to eye coordination, not to mention, general visual spatial ability. Imagine entering a racketball court. Most of the players have similar rackets but their ability to score points varies greatly.

I once watched a skilled worker with a cheap, mass production machete. I was stunned at how well he could negotiate with that simple, agrarian tool.

15. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Hey Srtr, that's my ASH2!

Hmm, maybe I should withdraw the other one I have up for sale. ASH2 really is one of the best...

16. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    may it serve you well :D it definitely did for me :cool:

Ill definitely be getting another one soon.

17. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Let's keep hoping that the Boss might one fine day let us have a shot at some LE ASH2's!
    The few that I have seen are stunning.

hydeinmind and Hard Knocks like this.
  18. Cobalt

Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    It will happen

MacLaren1 and hydeinmind like this.
  19. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Would love me some ASHLE ;):):thumbsup::thumbsup:

MacLaren1 likes this.