Allen Blade MEUK.

So,

I took posession of my Allen Blade MEUK.

It is so excellent. The handle is a natural brown Micarta of the Canvas variety, very cool, the color is not consistent, there is some variations in it, mostly hay, but with some brown and light green. Very attractive.

The blade is a drop point, slightly wider than normal which is exactly how I like them. The knife is bead blasted on the flats and the clip and the grinds are machine satin, a nice look.

Overall this is probably one of the best I have ever held, the handle is a very good fit and extremely comfortable.

The Concealex sheath is a high ride sheath with a G shaped loop, that can be put on and removed from the belt without undoing the belt, very convenient.

I would suggest you order a knife from Allen, but that might interfere with getting my knives. So, wait awhile and I will let you know when mine are done
smile.gif

Allen took video of the knife, maybe he will favor us with an image or two.

Allen send me the images, and I will put them up on my site.

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye, Cd'A ID, USA mdpoff@hotmail.com

Talonite Fire

"Many are blinded by name and reputation, few see the truth" Lao Tzu

Eye--
Sounds like a keeper--nice description. Is that a Talonite blade, or...? Look forward to some feedback on performance.
--Will

Will

I went with 1095, I am still waiting to see about Talonite.

I would love to give a performance review, but I don't use my knives all that hard, as I suspect most do, despite the talk otherwise.

It is a great blade.

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye, Cd'A ID, USA mdpoff@hotmail.com

Talonite Fire

"Many are blinded by name and reputation, few see the truth" Lao Tzu

Hey Eye! I got my talonite MEUK in hand! Great work and reasonable! I don't think I will use my knives that hard either... But Allen's work is hard to beat for the price! His communications are on te money too. If he said I will ship Tuesday, it is so postmarked. I was astounded by the edge he put on both my Tadpole and MEUK.

I ordered an Allen Blade Chipmunk in 1095 tonight. I look forward to getting in in a few weeks. Allen's work looks like an excellent bargain.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Marion I would appreciate it if you would describe any differences you note in the behavior of your 1095 MEUK and the 52100 one. No need to be overly precise, just general things like if you can notice a difference in the sharpening, ease of cutting etc., things like that.

-Cliff

Back