Alliance Designs, Monterey Bay Knives

Laconico fanboy.

I'm also fascinated by much of the work from South African makers, so it's good news to hear that Gareth Bull is on board. Tell him to bring some friends.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to spam something that I hope gains traction: Pena LCP factory collab.

Sorry. Thread hijacking. Don't mind me....

@Shorttime no worries! Pena would seem to fit the Alliance idea. Very strong design work.

Along those lines, I'd love to see more Marcin Slyzs designs in high quality production form.

I have two MassDrop Keen Laconico folders, and the build is simply outstanding....
Not particularly fond of Chinese knives, and would admit that my bias might be more geographical than logical. I have owned more economical offerings from China, such as the SteelWill Cutjack 3.5, which was excellent, and also a MODUS which I truly enjoyed for its build quality and good looks.

But, this Keen Laconico is a horse of another color...pure and simple. I can't speak as to the HT, but I suspect others already have...
It is simply a joy to hold and to operate...the blade freely falling upon release of the lock...0.013" BTE, EASY push-cut of 0.002" Yellow Pages...and 4.34 ounces.
This knife is a beaut! I would suggest that you run, NOT walk, to your nearest MassDrop supplier.
p.s. Their stock is running low...

Last edited:
MBK EZC are available now. $180.00
Reported as Kizer manufacturer. It is very close to being a mini Keen.

Last edited:
Alliance Designs launched the Laconico Angry Baby Bear on bhq tonight, and MBK has EZCs in stock again. Alliance also has two exclusives out through a site. Those models are the Pat Hammond Scout and the Brian Efros Ice Lite.

MBK is pacing themselves with releases. Alliance has at least one more that I know of in the works.

Checking out a prototype by Ray this coming week. Should be here Monday, I think. Not sure what the plans are for it, yet.

MBK EZC designed by Ray Laconico and made by Kizer is very nice and slim.

FY507aj.jpg

5svHYLe.jpg

KNLCfHU.jpg

j2tFcou.jpg

Back