Almar 2000

Razor

Gold Member
The knife seems pretty heavy to me.Wonder why they did not use Ti liners? Is it worth the weight? Is anyone carring them?

------------------
Ray

Originally posted by Razor:
The knife seems pretty heavy to me.Wonder why they did not use Ti liners? Is it worth the weight? Is anyone carring them?

I carry. Ti liners are for pansies as they wear abnormally fast as compared to steel. The Al Mar is for real men who can stand the weight and inherent high quality of a real knife. The knife is extremely well built, with a solid lockup and nice satin finished spearpoint blade. Very deep pocket carry and a reversible clip. Good knife.

--defiant

Heading up the Al Mar fan club since 2000.

Is it just me, or do others find a reversible clip pretty useless on a knife with a liner lock ?
The problem for left handed people usually isn't the clip, it's the liner lock that causes problems. I've heard more than once when asking for a left handed version of some knife or other, "why not just drill & tap so you can reverse the clip".
Seeing what I'm talking about isn't difficult, just take your common liner lock knife and try closing it one handed with your left hand, instead of the right hand.

------------------
mikemck@austin.rr.com

Al Mar's in my pants right now.
biggrin.gif

It is a bit heavy, especially as it pulls down the pocket on my khakis, but hey, I can take it.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, get one right now.
Get one and don't look back.
tongue.gif

Back