1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Almost Ready To Ship 2019

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    Got them today John and there perfect!

Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks, always nice to hear!

ty_higg and Simplejack like this.
  3. greentrout

greentrout

Apr 20, 2016
    Love that worker!

JK Knives likes this.
  4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Both shipped!

DSCN3332.JPG DSCN3334.JPG

5. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    woodysone and JK Knives like this.
  6. rdrogers

rdrogers Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Gimme dat Bluegill!
    Can’t wait to try the stainless.

woodysone and JK Knives like this.
  7. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    @rdrogers nice bluegill how many is that now?

@bikerector im gonna have to add a straight back to the collection now after seeing yours! Very nice

8. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    The picture makes me very excited with that decision. I've been thinking the standard look may have been the better choice, now I'm thinking it's just a different choice and this one will suit my tastes a little nicer. Should be a fantastic companion knife for hiking and camping with the full handle (went with the hunter for the added length).

Should have a really nice set of burlap JK knives in another couple weeks after the DHK finishes up too. Kephart, Hunter, and DHK, the latter 2 in S30V and the Kephart in O1. You can expect to see them in the picture thread as I start getting the group assembled.

I have a camping trip planned in 2 weeks so you can bet this guy will be along for some stomping around. Even more excited, had the kiddo out for a shortish hike in the backpack baby carrier now that he's finally tall and stable enough for it. Going to be a lot of good times. Trying to get the whole family away from the screens with better activities.

[​IMG]

Creaky Bones, JK Knives and ty_higg like this.
  9. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Finally get to see what one of my customers looks like! Everyone is always too shy to post their picture.

bikerector likes this.
  10. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    This makes four.
    I can’t carry the others much this time of year here. Today it’s 97° outside. The heat, humidity, and sweat rust them up in the pocket pretty quick. Won’t be much of an issue with this one, so I’m exited for it to get here.

ty_higg, Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  11. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    Nice I’m not much on small knives, but after getting your Osage one in to make that sheath the bluegill has intrigued me. And I hope your sheath is serving you well!

JK Knives likes this.
  12. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I bet some of those JKs will be a perfect first knife for him when he is old enough, or you may have a really big collection of them by then. :D

bikerector and JK Knives like this.
  13. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I was going to make a wisecrack about the boy being the customer and him being more photogenic than the pack mule because I'm sure eventually he'll be owning at least a couple hand-me-down sharp things from John. I've already kind of worked up a progression of knives as he grows to get him into the spirit while we spend time outdoors, and assuming he enjoys it as he ages.

First knife is probably going to be a case little finn since it has a guard and a small handle. After that, something else with a guard probably and a bigger handle and then probably work into folders and fixed blades with no guard but at least a finger stop like the EO1 hunter, probably not something like a puukko for a while. I bet the bluegill would be about perfect there as well.

14. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    It is. When you have some time I would like you to make one for this one.

15. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    I can do it anytime just shoot me a message and I'll order the clips!

16. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    Will do!

17. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    @ty_higg & @rdrogers, I see Ty posting about ordering clips and that the sheaths are for a small fixed blade (bluegill). Am I guessing right that those are clip sheaths, something you can clip into the pocket or on a belt?

Simplejack likes this.
  18. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    Mine clips to the inside of my pocket. It's a great sheath.

ty_higg and bikerector like this.
  19. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    These will do nicely! Hurley Creek lite on the way soon to complete the outdoorsman trio (I'll figure out a better name by then).

[​IMG]

Creaky Bones, Simplejack and ty_higg like this.
  20. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    Bluegill was in the mailbox when I went home for lunch!