Almost Ready To Ship 2019

rdrogers rdrogers nice bluegill how many is that now?

bikerector bikerector im gonna have to add a straight back to the collection now after seeing yours! Very nice

The picture makes me very excited with that decision. I've been thinking the standard look may have been the better choice, now I'm thinking it's just a different choice and this one will suit my tastes a little nicer. Should be a fantastic companion knife for hiking and camping with the full handle (went with the hunter for the added length).

Should have a really nice set of burlap JK knives in another couple weeks after the DHK finishes up too. Kephart, Hunter, and DHK, the latter 2 in S30V and the Kephart in O1. You can expect to see them in the picture thread as I start getting the group assembled.

I have a camping trip planned in 2 weeks so you can bet this guy will be along for some stomping around. Even more excited, had the kiddo out for a shortish hike in the backpack baby carrier now that he's finally tall and stable enough for it. Going to be a lot of good times. Trying to get the whole family away from the screens with better activities.

gLpB4xwl.jpg

Finally get to see what one of my customers looks like! Everyone is always too shy to post their picture.

This makes four.
I can’t carry the others much this time of year here. Today it’s 97° outside. The heat, humidity, and sweat rust them up in the pocket pretty quick. Won’t be much of an issue with this one, so I’m exited for it to get here.

Nice I’m not much on small knives, but after getting your Osage one in to make that sheath the bluegill has intrigued me. And I hope your sheath is serving you well!

I bet some of those JKs will be a perfect first knife for him when he is old enough, or you may have a really big collection of them by then. :D

I was going to make a wisecrack about the boy being the customer and him being more photogenic than the pack mule because I'm sure eventually he'll be owning at least a couple hand-me-down sharp things from John. I've already kind of worked up a progression of knives as he grows to get him into the spirit while we spend time outdoors, and assuming he enjoys it as he ages.

First knife is probably going to be a case little finn since it has a guard and a small handle. After that, something else with a guard probably and a bigger handle and then probably work into folders and fixed blades with no guard but at least a finger stop like the EO1 hunter, probably not something like a puukko for a while. I bet the bluegill would be about perfect there as well.

Nice I’m not much on small knives, but after getting your Osage one in to make that sheath the bluegill has intrigued me. And I hope your sheath is serving you well!

It is. When you have some time I would like you to make one for this one.

ty_higg ty_higg & rdrogers rdrogers , I see Ty posting about ordering clips and that the sheaths are for a small fixed blade (bluegill). Am I guessing right that those are clip sheaths, something you can clip into the pocket or on a belt?

Back