Alone 2022

Damn when did it start?
I haven’t seen much promotion for it at all, maybe once or twice that I recall in the last month.

From what I’ve seen so far, it sounds like black bear can be on the legal menu. I doubt anyone will be prison shiving one like the guy did on the musk ox. :)

I’m caught up now, seems they are on some pretty productive ground. A fair amount of fish and grouse & squirrel taken so far, but everyone is losing weight quickly.

On of my favorite things to see is the different shelters.

Last edited:
I’m caught up now, seems they are on some pretty productive ground. A fair amount of fish and grouse & squirrel taken so far, but everyone is losing weight quickly.

On of my favorite things to see is the different shelters.

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep. Although a couple of these contestants went entirely bass-ackwards in my estimation by expending a tremendous amount of energy and calories on building elaborate shelters before they'd secured any real food. Jessie built what looks like one of the neatest structures we've had in awhile, but completely burned through her entire fat reserves doing it. Then, couldn't find any real meat, so stomach issues caused by berries or whatever other greens she was able to scrape up sent her home.

Also, everyone's losing weight despite the absurdly large (for a season of Alone!!!) number of animals because they need carbs. Protein just keeps them in ketosis unfortunately.

One more thing, if I were to ever go on this show*, I wouldn't take a picture of my family with me. I'd keep them in my head, but it just seems like when it gets cold, and tough, and some of these contestants are feeling down, they sit there staring at their photo of their loved ones and when the "I just miss them, and want to be with them, I want to be with my loved ones...." you know that's it, and they're tapping. We see people essentially talk themselves into leaving every single season, and we've already had one or two in this season as well.

* Which I wouldn't, for multiple reasons

I’m wondering if the fact that they are in polar bear territory this season put enough fear in them to want a fort for protection? Haven’t seen any signs of polar bears yet. But, I’ve read they will readily hunt people. The contestants have more guts and/or stupidity than me to live amongst bears that eat humans without an arsenal at the ready. :)

I’m wondering if the fact that they are in polar bear territory this season put enough fear in them to want a fort for protection? Haven’t seen any signs of polar bears yet. But, I’ve read they will readily hunt people. The contestants have more guts and/or stupidity than me to live amongst bears that eat humans without an arsenal at the ready. :)
Black bears eat/kill more people, every year, than polar bears ever will. Polar bears pretty much never live where Black bears live. Only on very rare situations. Just so you are aware.

Last edited:
They'll be so skinny by the freeze hits the bears will be all nope.

I think the guy from Canada will most likely win but we shall see.
You mean the Dr? He hasn't had an emotional freakout yet.

I'm kinda betting on the guy from Piniwa because if he goes home the weather will be worse.

I’m pretty sure I’m an episode behind, I’ve liked Adam, from Arkansas I believe, and Juan Pablo has seemed very even keeled. The remaining ladies seem to be fairing well thus far also.
I don’t see them running near the record number of days on this season.

Spoiler Alert!

Adam figured his health was at risk and he just wanted to walk out on his own and be able to go back to work after he quit. That and he mentioned he was tired of killing animals. I liked him as well he was funny and a great shelter builder with a good attitude. Heck the one in the best spirits is the one old gal left, she may end up winning in the end but who knows.

Back