Alonzo USA knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first post and am a total beginner.
I searched the threads, however I couldn't find anything on Alonzo USA knives. They are supposed to be made in America. Not positive about that though.
Anyone have any info for me? Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.

I did some searching. The ebay listings put Canada as region of manufacture. Picclips show NY. Looks suspicious to me. Bids start at $10. I would guess they are made in Pakistan or China and imported to the US as trying to pass of and being made in the US. I would pass.

Welcome to the forums.

I did some searching. The ebay listings put Canada as region of manufacture. Picclips show NY. Looks suspicious to me. Bids start at $10. I would guess they are made in Pakistan or China and imported to the US as trying to pass of and being made in the US. I would pass.

Thank you very much. Sadly I bid on it before I started any research. Maybe somebody will outbid me! Lesson learned.
Thank you very much!

Hello, first post and am a total beginner.
I searched the threads, however I couldn't find anything on Alonzo USA knives. They are supposed to be made in America. Not positive about that though.
Anyone have any info for me? Thank you.
These are absolutely made in Pakistan.
The biggest giveaway is the sheaths, and the snaps on on the sheath with the star design.
So many of the new wave of slightly nicer Pakistani knives have the sheaths with these snaps on them.

A bit of off topic trivia........
I was told by an older guy in the 80s.
In the 50s a town in Japan changed their name to USA. So they could stamp the items manufactured to made in USA.
Anyone heard about this?

In the 50s a town in Japan changed their name to USA. So they could stamp the items manufactured to made in USA.
Anyone heard about this?

There is an Usa, Japan but that isn’t true.

Anyone heard about this?
Never heard, but it's hilarious :D

Alonzo is indeed Pakistani. They are one of the larger trade names used by knife dealers there. For a while there, they were picking all types of famous or American sounding names - Sean Austin, Stephen King, the hilarious Antonio Banderas brand, etc....

Andre Ronald is a rather nefarious one they use, claiming he is a South African maker, but they are just higher end Pakistani knives. There are a bunch of them like that.

The newest one they're using on Ebay now is straight hijacking high end knife pictures claiming they made them.

Another hustle is the "Ohio" snaps on the sheathes.

I've been dealing with Alonzo Knives for about 5 years. They sell well and have yet to have a complaint.
All of that aside. The star on the sheath snap is for the State of Oklahoma, it's all written inside the star. I did some research and found they were
made in OK at the Macalister State Prison. I see many of the knife sellers are using their sheaths

I've been dealing with Alonzo Knives for about 5 years. They sell well and have yet to have a complaint.
All of that aside. The star on the sheath snap is for the State of Oklahoma, it's all written inside the star. I did some research and found they were
made in OK at the Macalister State Prison. I see many of the knife sellers are using their sheaths
OBOY! Just what I wanted: a prison shank which has been carried in places better not mentioned.
Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back