Alpha Hunter limited run?

Hi. I'm calling from Australia. I went into a shop a spied an Apha Hunter (fixed) with the rosewood handle and on the blade was "1 of 600". I'm new to Buck Knives and was wondering if this was a limited edition knife? If so should I grab it? It was rather expensive for here, I suppose..almost $300 Australian so getting on for 140-150 $US.

Roderic,

Recently, when BUCK introduces a new model knife they have been stamping the first 500 or blades with the printing you mentioned. After the intitial run they stop the blade stamping so I guess they are a "Limited Edition" if you want to look at it that way. Personally when I can find a "1st Production Run" knife I try to add it to my case.... ;) !

I believe they are doing this as a way to commemorate the new models and give collectors something to look for. They might also use a specialty steel for the first run as well as an added inccentive along with the introduction. The fixed blade Alpha with the Rosewood handle should have ATS-34 steel which is probably another reason the price seems higher.

RB...

I DO like "First Runs" and love prototype knives!! Thanks for thinking of me :)

I did take a look at the page you suggested and saw some real pretty blades there. I guess what I didn't mention was that if it isn't a BUCK, I'm really not that interested. I started with Buck knives in the mid '70's when I first started riding motorcyles. Back then all "respectable' bikers carried a "Buck" - my love for them as done nothing but grown, as has my collection, over the years.

Now if you happen to have some "First Run" Bucks stashed somewhere...... :D ;)

Hey Gypsy, I just saw this and was wondering if you were interested.This guy has alot of different knives and just a few bucks.This one reads like this. -- Buck (circa mid-1980's) Model 110-S with STAG handles. Comes with rarely seen, short production heavy duty Buck brown leather belt sheath. The knife has never be fitted to the sheath! In old-style, yellow box with factory papers. (. RARE! MINT! $255.00
Just thought of you when I spotted it.I will send a link by email............RB

Hey Guys,
Thanks, for sharing pictures of your great knifes.
Sure is a thrill, on this end, to see some of your stuff
and learn new things.
Happy New Year!
Best Regards!
BOBO

Hey Blackeye

I don't really care for a lot of the after market modifications I see but your alpha really came out classy looking and I bet that improved the grip of the knife.

Originally posted by CJ Buck
Hey Blackeye

I don't really care for a lot of the after market modifications I see but your alpha really came out classy looking and I bet that improved the grip of the knife.
Thank You I take that as a real compliment.It looks alot better up close and is alot softer.I fell in love with this knife the first itme I opened it.(soooooo smoooooth)and didnt want to take away from the looks.I like the wood better and bought it mostly for the steel as opposed to the rubber handled model.Dennis @Wright knife explained to me that most people forget that when you use this knife for it's intented pourpose of cleaning an animal the handle would get alot more sticky when covered with blood and such and more grippy.Since I dont get to hunt anymore and this is a camp knife for me and blood isnt going to come into play (unless I cut myself)I felt the need for a little grip help.Thanks........RB

Back