Alternative lubricants

Josh K

Platinum Member
I pulled a tube of Krytox GPL205 out and re-lubed an Inkosi with it. Feels great in the hand. Stiffer action than the default CRK grease, but different grades will produce different feels. I might pick up a tube of GPL201 to compare. I'd expect similar purpose lubricants like Tribolube 71 to feel pretty similar to the default CRK stuff.

What is everyone else using?

IMG_2971.JPG

I've used lithium grease and Finish Line Fluoro along with the CRK grease. I find little difference in them as far as smoothness goes.

Have no idea which one is the CRK equivalent. I just know they make it. It takes me a year or more to come close to using a tube, a tiny bit goes a long way.

The small CRK tube? Old-style plunger tubes maybe, but the newer squeeze bottles don't seem to last more than a couple knives.

The small CRK tube? Old-style plunger tubes maybe, but the newer squeeze bottles don't seem to last more than a couple knives.

I don’t take mine down very often, it only takes a very very thin layer for my Inkosi.

I tore my 25 down last year & reapplied the grease that came with it. It's seen a lot of use since then, but is still pretty smooth. I'll probably tear it down soon & clean it, but at this rate the grease will dry up in the tube before it all gets used.:)

Elna sewing machine oil. For years now on all my folders and on my Insingo since 2010.

Would like to get me Nano-Oil and the Finish Line Extreme Fluoro but the fact is that I have plenty of CRK folders and each have a tube. At this rate I won't need to purchase a lube for years to come.

Back