Aluminum Handle

I love my Aluminum handled Dalton auto.

What do you think of the handle weight?

Most folders seem to have a blade-to-handle ratio of 1:1, 1.5:1, 1:1.5, or something along those lines, but the Hogue EX-01 is more like 2:1.

Congrats on your Dalton, CM !
I think if i ever designed this style of knife it would be aluminum w/heat colored bronze pivot & furniture.
And the appropriate blade steel of course.

DC

Picked up the Knockout due to this thread and I'm digging it. Pretty addictive to flip with the assist. Good recommendation :thumbup:

12259642804_610b018e46_z.jpg

Picked up the Knockout due to this thread and I'm digging it. Pretty addictive to flip with the assist. Good recommendation :thumbup:

12259642804_610b018e46_z.jpg

Haha brother, you just put a big ol' smile on my face. I'm glad you're feeling positive about your purchase. Like I said, I've got nothing bad to say about it. Put her to work ASAP!!!

Don't pass up on the ZT 0770 before they're all gone.

Any and all of the MicroTech Mini Matrix, DOC, Socom Elite, Socom Delta. The colors on the DOC are great.

LionSteel SR-2 & SR-1 Aluminum. They come in exceptionally vibrant colors. Try the small SR-2 with orange aluminum handle and Sleipner steel. Value priced under $150!

sr2a_os.jpg

That orange SR2 looks great. Makes me wonder why there isn't more orange anodized aluminum.

I think the Socom Elite is my next aluminum handle. Just waitng on the right blade steel/handle configuration.

I think the Socom Elite is my next aluminum handle. Just waitng on the right blade steel/handle configuration.

Tough to find a MicroTech Socom Elite with a plain edge clip point. They're light and tough.

There are also the ZT 0350 with brown (0350BRN) or green (0350GRN) textured aluminum handles.

Protech makes some fantastic and reasonably-priced aluminum-handled autos (Newport, Godfather), assuming you're cool with auto knives. Piranha also makes some very cool autos with anodized alum handles (bodyguard, hybrid, predator), the process produces unique patterns on each individual knife. Piranha prices are unbeatable too (S30V and aluminum for $120-160). Only major drawback there is a lack of an adjustable pivot, which can be a deal-killer for some.

Couple of new ones showed up today, BM 707 & 943. Here's the Benchmade aluminum accumulation. The 707 is surprisingly cool for such a little knife. :thumbup:

12864573084_7520f05620_z.jpg

Nice Benchmades, jazub! I keep hearing good things about that 707...you may have convinced me to pick one up.

Must be revenge for making you get that Knockout, huh? :D

EDIT: Just remembered my Kershaw Mini Cyclone has aluminum handle scales over steel liners. Picked up a blem model about a week ago, and I'm loving the tanto blade.

Nice Benchmades, jazub! I keep hearing good things about that 707...you may have convinced me to pick one up.

Must be revenge for making you get that Knockout, huh? :D

Hah. You definitely sold me on the Knockout. Too good of a deal to not try. :thumbup:

12259795146_30e45309a4_z.jpg

Wow this is nuts, about five minutes ago I was delivered that exact Hogue along with a 0566 (another thread was just started about this knife as well). Aluminum is definitely my favorite handle material. It just gives it that solid, quality feel. Its one of my criteria when looking for a new knife. By the way, the Hogue ex-01 is a freakin work of art!! What a beauty, the craftsmanship on this blade is outstanding in every way. Fit and finish, action, lockup, you name it; perfection. The Hogue and the 0566 are going to be battling for pocket time for many months to come.

The ZT 770 is a good aluminum handled knife. I actually have one up for trade if you want to get it.

Other than the 770, there is the Sanrenmu 763, CRKT Ripple Aluminum, and Lion Steel SR1/2A.

I'm surprised no one has thrown in a William Henry E6 or E10 yet. I love the aircraft grade aluminum handles.

i-PRJbZw6-XL.jpg

The Cold Steel Code 4 is another good choice.

It is a slightly smaller version of the Recon 1 handle shape.

Plus, they can be engraved.

Yep, I also love the aluminum handled knives for the weight, strength and sound. I recently acquired a vintage kershaw 2420 and it has that awesome sound when flipped open. I also just purchased another knife in a stainless/composite blend. It's the SOG Flashback and so far I love it. It has the brushed stainless mixed with a comfortable black composite. Jimping on the knife is perfect and I believe it really is the fastest assisted knife as they claim. It's also very light, razor sharp and has no play at all.
Flashback review below;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJ4hutuz7k
Kershaw 2420 video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314TVsKui-A

Back