1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Aluminum SMFs on vendor's site

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by stabby stabington, Oct 15, 2018.

1. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Still way too much money for a knife with a scumbag's name on it.

BigKurtHaze, WValtakis and shinyedges like this.
  2. ribeyemediumrare

ribeyemediumrare

Oct 5, 2018
    I checked the website when you posted but I think they already sold out, how much are the new m.strider sng models going for?

3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    You should be able to find that on the MSC website

4. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    Never tried aluminum on a knife but probably won’t either. Just preference, I am sure that it is more than capable as a handle material.

I just prefer either all ti or ti/g10 in a frame lock

5. stabby stabington

stabby stabington Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Yeah, they sold-out. Expecting mine this morning.

6. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    @clearytja

SKI has been making aluminum lego SMFs since they were grinding convex blade tangs. At least since the early 2000s. I recall an SMF with the logo near the pivot and a blade in M4 steel. I had one of those for a short time but the lockup was poor due to the tang. Anyway, they've been around for a while.

w.r.t. "Mick" -- I am a believer that everyone deserves a second chance. Yeah, his recollection of his mil-career and incarceration is shady at best. I'm not gonna marry the guy, just buying a knife. I'll probably flip it anyway. ;)

7. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will

Jun 5, 2012
    Agreed. I've actually held a smf before, the ergonomics suck (it felt like a block) add to that mick burger strider wannabe army ranger sucks and you have a large nope.

BellaBlades, Lapedog and craytab like this.
  8. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    Pics.

SMF lock.jpg SMF show.jpg

patrickguignot and evancamp13 like this.
  9. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    That edit threw me, was this close to going to cockcenter.com ... glad someone cleared that up!

BigKurtHaze and BellaBlades like this.
  10. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    lol sorry about the size. I thought that I had scaled them down.

11. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I think Mick wisened up awhile ago to the reality that if he’s going to charge $5-1500 for a knife he needs to use decent materials and PM steels.

Ernie E does not understand that concept and (aside from the fanboys) constantly gets criticism for it.

12. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    While I like EE's designs, his production stuff is laughable. IMO.

13. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    deleted.

14. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE Gold Member

Sep 17, 2006
    The show side looks pretty good except for the tiger stripes.

15. stabby stabington

Jun 24, 2013
    Knife going to be listed on sale forum. Show side is aluminum side, no?

16. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Yes