Aluminum SMFs on vendor's site

Never tried aluminum on a knife but probably won’t either. Just preference, I am sure that it is more than capable as a handle material.

I just prefer either all ti or ti/g10 in a frame lock

@clearytja

SKI has been making aluminum lego SMFs since they were grinding convex blade tangs. At least since the early 2000s. I recall an SMF with the logo near the pivot and a blade in M4 steel. I had one of those for a short time but the lockup was poor due to the tang. Anyway, they've been around for a while.

w.r.t. "Mick" -- I am a believer that everyone deserves a second chance. Yeah, his recollection of his mil-career and incarceration is shady at best. I'm not gonna marry the guy, just buying a knife. I'll probably flip it anyway. ;)

I am not sure I understand the Aluminum. Back in the day Mick would talk about how the G-10 was tough enough to be hit with a hammer and not break.....not sure how well the Aluminum is going to hold up. This is a 500.00 dollar knife and it is made with Aluminum? I have 8 folding Striders....with Aluminum as the new handle material I will not be getting a ninth.

I think Mick wisened up awhile ago to the reality that if he’s going to charge $5-1500 for a knife he needs to use decent materials and PM steels.

Ernie E does not understand that concept and (aside from the fanboys) constantly gets criticism for it.

Back