Always seem to end up with elementum I

I have 4-5 different EDC knives now all under 150 price range but the cheaper civivi elementum always seem to end up back in my pocket. Seems to be the perfect blend of size and width. Very comfortable to have on you. Doesn't move around any and the width makes it vanish. Looking forward to the new models like the bo and vox set to come out. Then it's a new push button elementum also on way.

Anyone else still like these budget knives?

I have 4-5 different EDC knives now all under 150 price range but the cheaper civivi elementum always seem to end up back in my pocket. Seems to be the perfect blend of size and width. Very comfortable to have on you. Doesn't move around any and the width makes it vanish. Looking forward to the new models like the bo and vox set to come out. Then it's a new push button elementum also on way.

Anyone else still like these budget knives?

I have knives up to $360, and have had more expensive ones. However, I love my Civivi Mckenna in damascus. If they or WE made an identical model but larger, it might kick everything else out of my pocket.

However, I'm trying not to give China any money.

My sweet spot for knives tends to average out at around $175. However, I've spent a pretty penny customizing stuff with scales and deep carry clips.

At the moment, I'm really digging wharncliffe-ish blades. My APurvis Progeny is getting a lot of pocket time. If only I could get a deep carry clip.

It's interesting, after joining here back in 2013 my individual knife price limit went up exponentially. Within 5 months I had a Strider SnG and a custom Brian Tighe mini Tighe Rod, though I bought both LNIB on the exchange.

On this 7 1/2 year trip down the rabbit hole, I only have two knives that were $300 or more. I may buy one higher end knife to celebrate 30 years brain tumor free (today) but otherwise, yeah I've found price doesn't necessarily dictate quality or satisfaction level. It is much easier to be disappointed in an $80 knife than a $300 dollar one. I mean that when you are disappointed in a knife, the more it costs the more disappointed you are.

But yeah, Civivi/WE make incredible knives. For a while I've had my eye on an Exarch damascus with CF.

I know the china thing is a whole different issue. Just seems the perfect thickness for me in pocket.

I've wanted one for a while now. They have several very attractive models.

Not everything from China is junk. :thumbsup:

For sure, but despite owning 4 knives made there that are all very nice, I just can't give my money to that country if I can help it right now. At least not new. If one on the exchange catches my eye, that might be a different story.

I have knives up to $360, and have had more expensive ones. However, I love my Civivi Mckenna in damascus. If they or WE made an identical model but larger, it might kick everything else out of my pocket.

However, I'm trying not to give China any money.

My sweet spot for knives tends to average out at around $175. However, I've spent a pretty penny customizing stuff with scales and deep carry clips.

At the moment, I'm really digging wharncliffe-ish blades. My APurvis Progeny is getting a lot of pocket time. If only I could get a deep carry clip.

It's interesting, after joining here back in 2013 my individual knife price limit went up exponentially. Within 5 months I had a Strider SnG and a custom Brian Tighe mini Tighe Rod, though I bought both LNIB on the exchange.

On this 7 1/2 year trip down the rabbit hole, I only have two knives that were $300 or more. I may buy one higher end knife to celebrate 30 years brain tumor free (today) but otherwise, yeah I've found price doesn't necessarily dictate quality or satisfaction level. It is much easier to be disappointed in an $80 knife than a $300 dollar one. I mean that when you are disappointed in a knife, the more it costs the more disappointed you are.

But yeah, Civivi/WE make incredible knives. For a while I've had my eye on an Exarch damascus with CF.

To back you up on your point, that cost doesn't necessarily reflect satisfaction, my most expensive knives have almost always came with problems. My less expensive ones through the years, more often than not, came flawless and performed very well (Kershaws, Ontario, more recently Ruike).

I have a $150 knife that came with several problems. My $50 Link was a Flawless workhorse. My $35 Rat 1 was flawless. My $29 Ruike did break a pocket clip, but otherwise was a great knife.

You pretty much have to be an enthusiast to want to buy a knife more than $75, because the amount of awesome, well built knives under that price is many.

Unfortunately, I am an enthusiast, so I often piss off the wifey. Haha! She just doesn't understand the "knife thing".

Reactions: DMG
To back you up on your point, that cost doesn't necessarily reflect satisfaction, my most expensive knives have almost always came with problems. My less expensive ones through the years, more often than not, came flawless and performed very well (Kershaws, Ontario, more recently Ruike).

I have a $150 knife that came with several problems. My $50 Link was a Flawless workhorse. My $35 Rat 1 was flawless. My $29 Ruike did break a pocket clip, but otherwise was a great knife.

You pretty much have to be an enthusiast to want to buy a knife more than $75, because the amount of awesome, well built knives under that price is many.

Unfortunately, I am an enthusiast, so I often piss off the wifey. Haha! She just doesn't understand the "knife thing".

Happily divorced! Lol!

For sure, but despite owning 4 knives made there that are all very nice, I just can't give my money to that country if I can help it right now. At least not new. If one on the exchange catches my eye, that might be a different story.

I understand and respect that.

Reactions: DMG
I'm in the same boat. I have nicer knives but most days, I'm happy with a Civivi in my pocket.

The only thing I don't love is that so many models use Chinese D2. (Summers are humid where I live and I tend to sweat.) Luckily, they've been releasing more models in decent stainless steels like 14C28N, Nitro-V, and N690. Their 9Cr18Mov punches above its grade due to a fantastic heat treatment so that's still an option.

I initially stayed away from the Elementum because of the D2. Then they released the premium versions in S35VN. They thinned out the blade stock so they are even better slicers. I got one with Micarta scales and I love it.

The elementum in S35VN is perfect. I have an old gray D2 one that has some pivot issue but I still carry it. The Exarch flips SO GOOD, the action is easily better than the RS Metamorph and absolutely shames the Pena FF trapper (worst 300 I've ever spent).

Try the Civivi Dogma...you wont regret it.

Back