Am I a "maniac" ????

background: active duty, so I move around a lot inside of Kalifornia, so instead of subscriptions I just find the time to go to Barnes & Noble and/or Borders.

Anyways, just went to the B & N for the latest TK and Knives Ill.
Lady taking my money says "wow, knives, you must be a maniac in training". Just like that . Now , I don't know this 40 ish chick from anywhere, but hell, she can sure spot the crazies ???
I replied that I only own around a dozen knives and two handguns. She almost freaked, no kidding. "why would anyone need all those guns & knives" this chick replies. Without giving me the chance to answer her, she says, "never mind , I don't even want to know.
She did not charge me for the Knives Ill since it was not marked with a price, so I told her that WHEN I snap, she'll be happy to know that I put her on the nice people list !

What the hell kind of customer service is that. I'am purchasing a damn magazine at the mall. Geez, only 8 more days in San Diego, then off to Oklahoma for 3 years, can't wait.

da stinky

You shoulda got a big evil grin and said "Yeah, I am, and throw in the new Hustler and Penthouse while you're at it".
But seriously, I'd have called over the manager and asked if it was store policy to comment on a customers purchase.

Yeesh. Around here, telling somebody you owned a dozen knives and two handguns would be more likely to merit a reply akin to "Why so few?"

The mountains of Kentucky are beautiful, friend.

Crap!! You just stumbled on to a stupid person:barf:

I agree.... get the manager and rat the b!tch out.

I would have walked, written a letter to her boss and copied the President of B&N. The magazines are good enough for B&N. If you are the "John" so to speak B&N is the "Pimp." If she objects so strongly to what they sell, she should not work there.

If you really wanted to have fun,
you should have told her all of the perverse things you do with all 12 knives and 2 guns......
:D

Originally posted by Tightwad
Crap!! You just stumbled on to a stupid person:barf:

The trouble is, in California, you can't throw a rock without hitting someone just like her! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't sweat it. She is no doubt some pseudo-intellectual "bookworm" type with repressed feelings of inadequacy because she works retail and doesn't feel that she has a meaningful job. Couple that with the fact that she is obviously a flaming liberal and you've got your answer. Like I said, don't sweat it.

Originally posted by squid meat
She did not charge me for the Knives Ill since it was not marked with a price, so I told her that WHEN I snap, she'll be happy to know that I put her on the nice people list !

da stinky

Listen up 'ya maniac,
That's a good enough response for me. I got a chuckle.:)

You just can't make some ignorant f-nuts understand. They'll never ever ever, no matter how much you would argue the fact, realize that knives and guns are merely big shapely pieces of dormant steel. Period!! It's not until a human comes along and decides to make them weapons do they actually become weapons. Should we now start to freak out about children carrying sharp pencils to school?? Ooohhh.......there goes Johnny "The Maniac" and did you see that he's weilding some serious lead there? Pleeeeaaassseeeee!!!!!!!

Anyway, (I just jumped down off of my soapbox) I would say that besides pushing the issue with management you probably did the best you could in that situation.

Screw the bitch!!:mad:;)

--The Raptor--

You could have said, "The guns are for shooting cats and the knives are for food preparation and saving the skins."

"You know what's really dangerous? Automobiles.";) :D

Frank

P.S. If you had picked up Car & Driver, and mentioned you had a sports car or an SUV like the one on the cover she wouldn't have asked "Why do you need to drive something like that?"

Another good response:"No, I take my medicine, like the Dr. tells me to."

People have all kinds of different attitudes, and we don't have to like it. But when someone hands me a freebie, I just smile, and say thanks! :p

Wait till she's stuck and needs something cut. She'll say thanks, too -- and then ask why her hero has such a big knife :D :D :D

Have fun in Oklahoma!

In New york, you say.... "It's research for a 'performance piece' I'm doing. It entails getting on stage naked in front of a mirror and painting my body with the blood freed by the knife's edge. It's allegory for 'all true art is a painful transformation', while at the same time symbolic of the pain we subject our souls to in order to meet a harsh cold metallic society...By the way what are you doing Friday?" However here, you'd probably get the date. :D

I greee with all of the above. I could have pushed it with the boss, but really, I got one mag free, plus I move in 8 days. Just is bothersome that these folks have allowed themselves to become such babies. Oh well, soon to be an Okie, should be much better than a fruit (not really) with nuts, or whatever. I'am lucky, the wife of 12 yrs. tolerates my spending (usually).

I wouldn't be telling sheeple what or how many of the nasties you own to begin with.

Some of the replies here by others are novel.

When asked about my knife fetish, I simply reply I'm a defensive knife instructor who trains LE's to stay alive when attacked by a knife.

That will usually get a "look" as their brain spins quickly, thinking about what that means.

Brownie

Back