Am I the only one sad about the death of the CS Mini Tuff?

Saw the new Cold Steel catalog available for download. Among other things it lists no prices. What really surprised me is the Mini Tuff Lite has been discontinued. The Tuff Lite is OK but no great shakes for me. Glad I got several of the Minis when I had the chance.

I had hoped it was a big enough success for CS that they would release an upgraded bd1 version or something, but discontinue it? Sad...the mini tuff is a gem. I've never kept a knife sharp with just a strop for as long as i have with my mini, that super thin 1'' edge is perfect.

Plus everyone I show it to immediately wants one. I had three once..

If anything I would have guessed that the Mini Tuff is more popular than the regular Tuff...

Well since the Mini is gone, we need an update to the full size with a tip up clip. Okay maybe that is a stretch. The mini was a pretty good design, probably the least Cold Steel design, literally zero flash and very compact. I know I love my Tuff Lite.

I am really surprised it isn't in the new catalog.
It is a very useful small knife.
I'm hoping it will return in the future as it is one of CS most accessible knives for the general public.

Given that the CS rep is teasing new stuff before the end of the year I'm hoping it's just in the shop for an upgrade and not out on the scrapheap. The Mini and regular Tuff Lites are just about the only little big knives that I feel more than hold their own with equivalent Spyderco models. And that's one heck of an accomplishment.

one of CS most accessible knives for the general public
Yup

My first pocket clip knife !
Still got it; still like it.
I was going to say not sad cause I got one but if I loose it . . . yah . . . sad then.
Too bad it has been left out of the catalog. Perhaps an oversight.
A unique knife too because of not only the blade but the elongated hole for the lanyard.

I had hoped it was a big enough success for CS that they would release an upgraded bd1 version or something, but discontinue it? Sad...the mini tuff is a gem...

I've posted elsewhere on this before--absent any proof from CS, BD1 is not an upgrade. CS made a video which proved the marked performance difference between AUS-8 and XHP, but has yet to do squat to prove BD1 is better.

That's really surprising. I guess they didn't catch on with the gen. pop. like they did with us knuts? :confused:

Back