American Kami Colubris mid-techs available now!

manghu67

American Kami Custom Blades / Knifemaker
At long last, we are live! This is the official American Kami Colubris release statement. In stock, and ready to go out into the wild.

Specs:

These have flat V-ground bevels.

Steel is CPM-S35VN.

Hardened at 58-60.

Tumbled finish.

Handles are G10 in black, coyote, or OD.

100% USA made out of USA made materials.

9" OAL, 4" of blade, 0.187" thick.

Weight is 8.3oz.

And of course, each knife comes with a Kydex sheath suitable for a myriad of mounting options. Holes are spaced for large Tek-loks, so you can bolt just about anything on there, or do what I do and use shock/550 cord and carry IWB.

These are $299 each, including USPS priority insured in the USA. Internationals, contact me for shipping rates. PM or Email to acquire one for yourself.

Each knife is discretely numbered.

These are the first stainless knives to leave my shop. You guys asked for stainless and V-grinds? Here they are! :D

AKcolubrisRELEASE.jpg

AKcolubris3done.jpg

Wish I had the cash for a brown one. Very nice. Love the grind and style of these.

Being a avid cyclist and knife nut I have always liked the fact that you use chain ring bolts.Do you have any plans for a folder any time soon?

Thanks guys, glad you dig these.

rockgolfer: Hit me up when you do, and I'll do my best to get you taken care of.

flatblackcapo: They're fantastic fasteners. Folders like this? Mmmmmmmaybe... ;) We shall see what we shall see.

Placed my order for a green one yesterday. I hope this blade can handle all the house husband chores on the honey-do list:).
TC

DJ, just got the OD green SW blade and I could not be happier. I am going to put a review up eventually but first impressions of the knife have me thinking that you have nailed it. The blade is " tall" which appears to make it a real slicer! The handle is perfectly grippy. So far I have only cut up some shrimp without incident :). This week I am going to put her through some real work.
Thanks for a great blade!!!
TC

Ps - the back of the blade near the tip is begging to be sharpened. I can keep the urge in check for the review but after that all bets are off!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your support pal! I'm glad to hear that the knife made it there safely and that you're happy with it.

Looking forward to seeing your review.

I like beefy knives, but it can be a challenge combining that in the same package as a knife that's meant for everyday carry. But I like to think I got there with the Colubris - just the right amount of beef, without sacrificing speed and ease of carry.

That first inch or so of the swedge is actually designed to be sharpened, and I have one of my personal knives set up that way - but I don't normally send 'em out that way because then they'd be totally illegal to carry just about everywhere. It's a lot easier to sharpen that swedge than to un-sharpen it later. :D

DJ, just got the OD green SW blade and I could not be happier. I am going to put a review up eventually but first impressions of the knife have me thinking that you have nailed it. The blade is " tall" which appears to make it a real slicer! The handle is perfectly grippy. So far I have only cut up some shrimp without incident :). This week I am going to put her through some real work.
Thanks for a great blade!!!
TC

Ps - the back of the blade near the tip is begging to be sharpened. I can keep the urge in check for the review but after that all bets are off!

Just got back from FL, working on some pics and videos. ;)

OD are sold out!

Some black and coyote still available.

I bought one of these on the secondary market. I own several American Kami blades and this is another great one.

Thanks buddy. Glad to hear you're enjoying the knife. :)

I know am way late to this party but any chance you are going to do another run of these? Thanks!

No plans at this time for more OG Colubris. This model has been replaced by the M16 and M17.

M16 is smaller OAL with the same usable blade length as the OG Colubris and an armor piercing, reinforced tip: http://www.americankami.com/AKMidtechModelColubrisIIS.jpg

M17 is same OAL as the OG Colubris with more usable blade length: http://www.americankami.com/AKMidtechModelColubrisIIM.jpg

OG Colubris are, however, still available in production format from Boker. They are licensed to produce the design.

I know am way late to this party but any chance you are going to do another run of these? Thanks!

That'd be the M3:

M3.jpg

And also the M80:

M80.jpg

The M3 has the exact same ergonomics as the OG Colubris. The M80 does away with the memory bump mid handle on the finger side, and replaces that with finger groove for the index finger. Other than that, the handles are exactly the same as on the M3.

Hi DJ! I hope you offer a tanto version.
rolf

Attachments

• M80.jpg
    M80.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
Back