"Amore Moderno"

PaulDiStefano

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey everyone, I designed this knife and made it for bladeshow. It is my modern take on an elegant bowie knife, so I named it after my favorite David Bowie song "Modern Love". And in Italian "Amore Moderno"

Blade length is a little over 11" of W2 steel with my Hailstorm Hamon. This Hamon is one of my favorites to do. It is etched like damascus where it is deep. You can feel the difference in the hard edge and soft clay covered areas because of how the acid eats away more of the softer steel. This is done to make the appearance much more dramatic and intense. Like being caught in a hailstorm, you are going to feel it aggressively.
Guard and spacer is forged and blackened wrought iron etched deep as well to show the grain of the iron. You can follow the grooves almost like the grain of wood.
Stainless spacers with files grooves buffed to add a bit of bright jewelry like contrast to the almost all black handle.
Wood is black stabilized maple burl
domed and polished ss pin

It will be at table 22N bladeshow
I hope my picture is alright. This one I plan on having my first professionally shot knife done by Coop

All comments are welcome

Here it is my friends, "Amore Moderno"
IMG_1894 (1).JPG

That is a knife that anyone would be proud to own...

Cheers/bg

Back